ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Lambda Sensor

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Have a misfire/hesitation issue under accelration which has been suggested that it could be the Lambda sensor (couldn't use the code reader this weekend to see if it threw a code as the EML isn't on as my step dad let someone borrow it so that plan was scuppered).

Got bored so looked on ECP website for a Lambda sensor and there are several :confused:
Its a Ph1 172, X reg / 2001MY (can get the chassis number if anyone can find out the required part) and from what I can see under the car it has one Lambda - positioned at the back end of the de-cat pipe.
The differences are apaprently "fitment" according to the ECP website. However without taking it out it sort of looks like this one from the nut thing fitting it into the exhaust which is simialr looking to the one on there.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...2c2f519715d738ab60f4edb4124d847adeb530&000210

Anyone share any light on this? Seeing as ECP have a sale of up to 70% off I may get it now and replace it.
And I presume to replace it is just unplug it, unscrew it and then screw new one in and plug it in? Being careful not to cross thread it? Step dad crushed his hand at work the other day so cannot do anything to help me! haha.