ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your next car & why?

A 6 cylinder diesel german barge (330D or A5 3.0Q) to replace my high mileage 4 cylinder german barge (bora) when it dies.

A decent bike to replace my Husky SM125 when I get my license sorted (Hornet or Street triple are the current favourites)

Clio is staying for the forseeable, but in a year or two might be open to swapping for something else, purely for variety.

At this rate a 172 to use along side my main weekend car. When that comes up for replacement either a E46 M3 (if I can ever find the right one, which I doubt) or a 996.2 GT3.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you pay over 4k iirc for a standard car? Didn't mean to spend that much, you could have bought a perfectly fine one with belts done for half that.

Bought from r sport cars.

im sure i could of but so many ah poorly maintained or huge owners etc etc

Finding a decent rb wasnt available at the time.

Anyway....

Nothing at the mo :(
Sadly most probably a Dacia Logan. Littleun born on monday :D and need more room in a few months and they are awesome cars

Probably a 200 cup or a Megane 250 preferably the latter or hopefully by that time they will have some sort of hybrid hatch that gives performance and mpg.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Currently we have;
525i estate for the wife and kid duties. A Clio dci for work for me.

Next for the wife will be an X5 or a new shape CRV.
Next for me will hopefully be a 197.

SQ5
B5 s4 avant.

Why?

...keep your eyes peeled for the "knuckles' crashed s4" thread

But,
Similar mpg to the 197,
Dat noise,
Quattro,
Boost,
The ability to carry a dog at warp speed/sideways

My mum has the old press car, it's nearly on 200k and just keeps going, she's done 50k in it in 6 years!

She's looking to get rid too and she wouldn't take much for it. It's a bit tatty here and there, but perfect for someone who likes to tinker. She'd take £2500 for it, and it's noggy blue

DPP_0011.jpg

DPP_0034.jpg

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
My mum has the old press car, it's nearly on 200k and just keeps going, she's done 50k in it in 6 years!

She's looking to get rid too and she wouldn't take much for it. It's a bit tatty here and there, but perfect for someone who likes to tinker. She'd take £2500 for it, and it's noggy blue

DPP_0011.jpg

DPP_0034.jpg

If that was an avant I'd snap her hand off lol.

I love noggy blue.

Is it metallic? It never Usually looks it, but I've seen a couple of pics where it does look metallic.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why, out of curiosity?

After having the ph2s you've had, the 200 and then the mini, what makes you want a 197?
I really like them. The driving position is better than a 182, the seats and steering wheel are much nicer, and out if the box they're better on track IMO.

It's a long way off yet, but it needs to be done.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I really like them. The driving position is better than a 182, the seats and steering wheel are much nicer, and out if the box they're better on track IMO.

It's a long way off yet, but it needs to be done.
You're mental. Expensive to run, both in maintenance and petrol, woeful if something goes wrong. I just can't see the benefit.

For me it's a porsche next, I REALLY can't decide what though. An older 'real' porsche, or a 3.4 boxster S or Cayman S. Realistically I have a 16k budget, but I now have seriously limited mileage so it's far more feasible than it used to be.

Well it's either that or a z4m.