ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is your next car & why?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're mental. Expensive to run, both in maintenance and petrol, woeful if something goes wrong. I just can't see the benefit.

For me it's a porsche next, I REALLY can't decide what though. An older 'real' porsche, or a 3.4 boxster S or Cayman S. Realistically I have a 16k budget, but I now have seriously limited mileage so it's far more feasible than it used to be.

Well it's either that or a z4m.
I just love them.

Now I work with Porsche/BMW's all day I have no desire to own anything expensive what so ever!

Give me cheap fun hatchbacks any day of the week.

SQ5
If that was an avant I'd snap her hand off lol.

I love noggy blue.

Is it metallic? It never Usually looks it, but I've seen a couple of pics where it does look metallic.

Definitely not metallic, best colour for the saloons, avants I prefer red

RB 182
I just love them.

Now I work with Porsche/BMW's all day I have no desire to own anything expensive what so ever!

Give me cheap fun hatchbacks any day of the week.

I sold my track 172 last year to fund an 06 Cayman S, whilst I love the look, drive etc it is expensive to run and even more so to fix as you mentioned. I'm considering going back to my old 182 semi track car, I miss the old days of tinkering around and modifying parts for next to nothing.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You're mental. Expensive to run, both in maintenance and petrol, woeful if something goes wrong. I just can't see the benefit.

For me it's a porsche next, I REALLY can't decide what though. An older 'real' porsche, or a 3.4 boxster S or Cayman S. Realistically I have a 16k budget, but I now have seriously limited mileage so it's far more feasible than it used to be.

Well it's either that or a z4m.
You considered the r171 SLK55 AMG at all?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Probably a new volvo xc60.

Had enough of bouncing around in hatch backs and 'performance' cars that ride terribly and to be honest aren't that quick for the draw backs.

Time for a barge. Fallen out of love with cars these days.

Had enough of bouncing around in hatch backs and 'performance' cars that ride terribly and to be honest aren't that quick for the draw backs.

Time for a barge. Fallen out of love with cars these days.

Probably what I will do next tbh. I blame my works van as I spent so much time in that the clio seems so s**t now, worrying really.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

71b.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How can you not justify something that's going up in value?
Are you special needs?

Because spending 30k on a car that could essentially be putting into another house. I would only pile miles onto it and thus stay dormant in value. If you get me you balding c**t.

MX5, A4 Avant
Because spending 30k on a car that could essentially be putting into another house. I would only pile miles onto it and thus stay dormant in value. If you get me you balding c**t.
See where you're coming from, I love me motors me (and bikes) but sometimes there are other things that take precedence.

Anyway, my next motor will be a Ford Cougar simply to upset the owners club I've been booted off from (because I don't fit the real-ale drinking, telling all and sundry I own a sportscar, midlife crisis, not-very-good-and-forgotten Ford worship, and I'm not 5' 3" and work in computers or a copper....)

Just to prove a point lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is a piss poor excuse.
Unless of course you're planning on completing on a new house purchase in the next three months? No?

Oh. So you could buy an RS3. If prices stay dormant, you're onto a winner. If they go up, double bubble.

I am planning to maybe get two cars next.
Something fairly slow and boring, but economical and with room for the kids.

I also fancy something like a Westfield/Caterham, with a decent amount of power.

Swift Sport
Despite my 197 being the best car I've owned overall I'd never have another, purely because of that gearbox. It's weaker than Fosters shandy.

- My Megane will most likely be replaced with a Swift Sport as I'd forgotten how French cars feel like they're built using glue and tape, and I've loved every Suzuki I've owned.

- The MX-5 will most likely be replaced with a proper track car, but the only thing I can think of right now is a faster MX-5.

dont think i will be getting rid of the clio anytime soon, but i am looking at getting a second car later this year that is cheaper to run and more comfortable and easier to live with day to day. thinking mk4 gttdi 130 and have a bigger turbo put on (this was actually what i was going to do as i was looking at these before i saw my clio)
orrrrrr...ill just save up and get either a 200ff or save up for even longer because OMFG i'm in love with the meg 275 trophy atm.
none of the above will probably happen so ill end up with a many-miles, daily driven clio haha

Swift Sport
I've never understood the whole "replace the Clio with something easier to live with" philosophy... A 182 is hardly a Caterham is it.

RB Clio 182
I've never understood the whole "replace the Clio with something easier to live with" philosophy... A 182 is hardly a Caterham is it.

I totally agree, my 182 is my daily and its perfect tbh, small, nimble, easy to drive, enough toys, not too uncomfy, decent size boot, fits 5, not bad on fuel, the list goes on.

172 Turbo
We've got an Octavia Estate coming at some point to replace the Astra, it was ordered in January! Think that they are perfect family cars.
Can't see what'll come after the Clio, can't bring myself to face the possible bills that something more special may bring. Guess I'm a tight northerner!

@Mr Burns coming from a vag group car to the Clio and being 6ft tall after a few hours it does get a tiny bit uncomfortable haha and I can't resist booting it all the time so I go through petrol like its nothing by easier to live with I just meant something a bit more comfortable. Don't get me wrong I'm absolutely in love with my Clio, it's what I worked hard to get after all but I would like to use it as a weekend car because it depresses me knowing I've added 5k miles to it since I've owned it (January this year) :(

Old models but the facelifted ones.

I see, I had a facelift EP3 and a facelift ST, if i was to buy again I would buy the EP3, the build quality seems far superior in every respect, inside, outside and the K20 is a fantastic engine in comparison to the 150 ST engine. I went from the EP3 to the ST and had it all of about 3 months before selling it on. Not saying they aren't any good. I just enjoyed the EP3 far more.

Both exceptional cars in their own right but I would go for the Type R.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70

No, but the boot isn't exactly massive and if you want to carry more than 1 other person it's cramped in the back as well, unless the 2 in the front are about 4ft tall and your rear passengers have no legs.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Clio, but I wish it was bigger. I had to collect a bicycle frame 2 weeks ago (just the frame, nothing attached to it like wheels) and it just fit in the back - box was against the boot lid and the front seats, and the frame isn't huge as I'm not a gangly streak of piss (It's a Surly Disc Trucker if anybody is interested in that sort of thing, 52cm size). Also I discovered the seats don't fold flat....

Anyway.

My next car is likely to be a Meg Tourer or something like that - want something big I can throw loads of crap in the back of for camping holidays, something that's diesel as I do a fair few miles a year (35k I'd guess) and I want an estate purely for the extra room.

I looked at BMW 320d etc and they're just hugely expensive to service and insure, whereas a 1.5 dCi Meg Tourer is £200 less a year to insure than a Clio. Pretty odd car for a 22 year old delivering pizzas mind but still, there are odder cars we use :smile: Lowered MX-5 with a cage is the current "WTF did you buy that for" car at work...

renault-megane-sport-tourer-02.jpg

Swift Sport
Check boot-space before buying a Megane as I was massively disappointed with the lack of room in my 225 (different car, I know). My BMX only just squeezes in.

Well my next car almost certainly won't be French. Dont get me wrong I love the way the Clio drives but I am less keen on the reliability and build quality.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
524 litres with seats up, 1600litres with the seats down.

For comparison a Clio 172 cup has 255 litres. So the meg tourer has just over double the space.

Ah right, I have the same Clio shape (mk2 ph2) so I'd guess it's identical to mine then.

I hate only having 3 doors as well, makes cleaning it a bloody mare as well, especially as the driver's seat doesn't fold forward as it's broken...

Anybody actually got a 1.5/1.9 dCi Meg Tourer? Wouldn't mind an honest review of it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I see, I had a facelift EP3 and a facelift ST, if i was to buy again I would buy the EP3, the build quality seems far superior in every respect, inside, outside and the K20 is a fantastic engine in comparison to the 150 ST engine. I went from the EP3 to the ST and had it all of about 3 months before selling it on. Not saying they aren't any good. I just enjoyed the EP3 far more.

Both exceptional cars in their own right but I would go for the Type R.

Appreciate the input; probably best if I go test drive both tbh! Civic has to be red, or Fiesta has to be white for me (though would probably accept blue or red) it seems people think white ones are very chavvy though! :(

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, I have the same Clio shape (mk2 ph2) so I'd guess it's identical to mine then.

I hate only having 3 doors as well, makes cleaning it a bloody mare as well, especially as the driver's seat doesn't fold forward as it's broken...

Anybody actually got a 1.5/1.9 dCi Meg Tourer? Wouldn't mind an honest review of it.
Yep, I owned one from new for 2 years and about 60k.
Mine was a GT Line TomTom (the one to go for) with the 1.5dci engine.
Was a great car to be fair. Very reliable and brilliant handling for an estate. Slow as f**k as standard though (mine was the 110hp) but I put a tuning box on and it was much better.
Defo go for the gt line if you get one.