ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this part?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I need one of these for a 182 Cup.

But I can't find one because I don't know what it is or what it's called.

It sits on the steering column behind the steering wheel, and rotates inside itself.

4ED1FC05-6AA4-4FE9-ADF1-03DA5EC29EA4-4108-000002AB475C40A6.jpg

A406608A-1019-4A23-B100-8C0C9EB4DE29-4108-000002AB4C474829.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've typed that into ebay but nothing comes up like that.

The whole unit comes up (With the stalks still attatched) but I can't find that actual part and it's driving me mental!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Dunno the proper name but me or Djw Dave should have one knocking about, hopefully we didnt leave it in the shell, cover the postage and its yours mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a normal (early) 172 and a 172 cup, neither of them seem to have this part.

Is it exclusive to 182's??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dunno the proper name but me or Djw Dave should have one knocking about, hopefully we didnt leave it in the shell, cover the postage and its yours mate

That's a very kind offer, let me know if you've got one!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll get Dave to check tomorrow

And no worries, iirc youve made similar offers before, hate how so many people only use this site to make money and not to help others out like it used to be!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Yea angle sensor, I touched mine in my 182 cup ONCE.

£200 later it was fixed ! All the insides unwound them self and threw up a couple of lights, had to get it plugged in to a Clip system to finally remove the faults.

Steering Angle Sensor.

Ring Josh, he'll sort you one. Though you may need to get it programmed with clip once fitted.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've changed one before, no programming required when I changed mine.

Make sure it's centred while fitting it (indicator window shows this) and it should be ok. You might get some TC/ABS lights but they disappear after a short drive ime.

I've changed one before, no programming required when I changed mine.

Make sure it's centred while fitting it (indicator window shows this) and it should be ok. You might get some TC/ABS lights but they disappear after a short drive ime.

Both myself and Jon.G needed it programming as it was a few thousand degrees out.

Arctic 182, GTD
I know it as a steering angle sensor but some of the old boys at work call it a airbag clock sensor / squib.

www.renparts.co.uk
needs to be an esp one only dan they are a right pain if you move them then it confuses them and they have to be re programmed! Think we should have one if you need one let me know and Il have a look for you :)

Aw hiya.

BTW, mines doesn't have that white wire coming out for the airbag(like that ebay link). Has it been chopped or is part of something else on the 182?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Aw hiya.

BTW, mines doesn't have that white wire coming out for the airbag(like that ebay link). Has it been chopped or is part of something else on the 182?

I've asked in your for sale thread.