ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Clio 200 CUP
Re: What have you ordered?

Car diagnostic code reader £30
OMP Strut Brace Front & Rear £50

Golf GT & A4 Avant

FLOL. it's all about the spam!

Dunc HD wax I had last 6months with 2 layers

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do still love HD. It's a simple wax. Like an unshit version of 476's.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

it can leave a nice finish, but application can be a little awkward sometimes. didn't like the applicators

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
it can leave a nice finish, but application can be a little awkward sometimes. didn't like the applicators

Applicators to guys like us are a bit poor but to the man on the street. Ideal.

Also it's definitely a panel by panel product.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the are much better wearing than the megs ones because it's a single piece of foam and they are bigger but I prefer the megs obes they feel that little bit softer.

Infact the both have their plus points mate. Buy one and see what you think, they'll last much much longer than the megs.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I thought the HD applicators were alright when you get the moisture right, it was a long time ago though.

Pistonheads sent me two pots when it was first launched, still got one in the cupboard unopened :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

How the fricking hell did you get 2!

Z8 is a protection spray(Sealant)

Z6 isnt but it looks great.

A few weeks after you have detailed the car and its due a wash a wipe down with Z6 will restore the looks :)

Yeah i have Z6 going to see if i can make some time this weekend to give my car a going over its due one :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Love it when that happens! :eek:

Z8 is like Z6 with protections and a little more looks. Both immense products but Z8 has the edge just purely for looks. I love it.

A new wash mitt. Buy cheap, buy twice (don't buy from Halfrauds, even if you're desperate);

d4b78098-2f44-076c.jpg

Not a 320d

That the grey one?

Ive had a cheap grey halfrauds mitt for years. They end up like a baggy vagina after a lot of "use" but the things lasted longer than anything else.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

Likewise, my grey halfords mitt is still in the shed as a spare or for wheels. I obviously don't look after my mitts properly as they all seems to shed or fall apart after 6months.

quite liking the DJ supernatural and basics of bling sponges though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I switch between both.

More Gwash bought. Easily the best "pure" shampoo i've used. Really sudsy for a shampoo for use with nano sealants and boutique waxes/sealants.

GTD, Lupo

I love the grey halfords mitts. I give mine a good wash after using them with my Sonus Microfiber Douche and they come up like new. Never had any luck with the stupid big DODO mitts.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

I dont rate it. BTBM ftw.

Theres somehting about Gwash I dont like.

likewise there was something about BTBM I didn't like, had to use quite a bit before it felt slick.

quite happy with lather but yet to try gwash

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Sponges certainly can be ftw.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Mitts are better but sponges feel good to use. Zymol have a sponge that damages paintwork, nor would dodo juice imo. They are constructed a lot differently.

Not a 320d

Zymol have a sponge that damages paintwork, nor would dodo juice imo.

Wait, what?

I use a Zymol Sponge, sillicone free, feel totally different to your £1 cars plans sponge, fairly brittle too. Ive not dropped it yet. I feel I have to use the 2BM with it and be more careful and ive seen good results so far.

BOS should be posted tomorrow mate, I feel like ive not had a day off for months :(

Ill never buy another wax again. Im sticking with Carbon and I may invest in another tub of Glasur. Maybe FK Pink for a valet wax too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I meant they would not made a sponge that would damage paintwork.

2 bucket method is the best thing I ever learned about washing. Have you see the colour of the rinse bucket!!!

57708257-9769-9932.jpg

Great plan with the waxes! I think sometimes Carbon would keep you going? No?