ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Re: What have you ordered?

Yeah it'll be fine mate, if it doesn't work you'll still get to see the beading and sheeting for a bit! ;)

Strip back, glaze then Glasur again!

Ohhhh the sheeting! So good!

Last week I bought

FK1000 for some odd jobs
Dodo Supernatural foam finger applicators.

This week, *ahem*
Glasur.jpg

Geeky detailing p**n!!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I'm really trying to resist buying the rest of the gear for my spring detail. My CYC basket is loaded and ready to go!

After a long time off it I've well and truly got the bug again!

I'm really trying to resist buying the rest of the gear for my spring detail. My CYC basket is loaded and ready to go!

After a long time off it I've well and truly got the bug again!

I did that on mine, £297, had to downsize to stuff I actually need :L

Dodo Juice - Born to be Mild Shampoo 500ml Bottle
Dodo Juice - Red Mist Tropical 500ml
Gtechniq - G3 Clear Vision Glass Coat
Premium Lambskin Wash Mitt
Auto Finesse - Rejuvenate
CarPro - Iron X 500ml

Oh, and Werkstat Jett. Hi gally.

A slow blue one.

2 x 500ml Auto Finesse Glisten
1 x 1L Auto Finesse Citrus Power

Heard that AF are stopping selling Glisten on their online store at some point, if that means they are stopping production I want to be stocked up :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they are mate. A lot of people weren't the biggest fan of it.

A slow blue one.

So does that mean Finale will become their only QD? I've heard from a lot of people (most on DW) who say the protective qualities will be missed.
Soul provides 2 months protection & Touch Coat 3 months (well that's what PB says, although there is a thread with Tough Coat on a GT3 lasting well into 6 months) so as a top up I can imagine some will be missing it seeing as Finale doesn't offer anything like the sort of protection as Glisten.

Cup Anthracite turinis
Poorboys wheelwax
Streamline Carbon fog surround
Steamline carbon splitter
Streamline exhaust surrounds
Carbon rear bumper insert
Tip polorized wheel nuts
Alloygator rim protectors
Lake country cs polishing pads
Detailing brush

Ive spent too much i know (im very naughty)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
3 fantastic products. I <3 Z8. Simply immense top up product.

Not a 320d

Gtechniq G1 100ML
Gtechniq I1 500ml
10 Cloths

Espuma Revolution 5L (Quite possibly the last tub I ever buy)

Got a few cars to do soon, new 640i conv on Thursday, new Citroen Berlingo sometime soon, New M5 in March, New golf in March, New BMW X1. A 330d I did over a year ago with Aquartz Ceramic.

All getting machined with P1 then protected. 3 are down for C1. Most of them are down for C5. All are having G1 on the windscreens and Rain racer in the sides. All depends on what my boss wants - C1 might not be justifiable on some cars as they will get raped.

Currently on a £650 bill for the products alone although I will be maintaining most of them.

mondeo titanium tdci

Speedline turinis in silver
Polarised wheel bolts
Streamline carbon fibre exhaust surrounds and thumb grips
Ktec carbon fibre bonnet second hand

My car is Supreme Red, and i'm thinking of getting some vics red.

Any better alternatives before I order?
(around the same price of course).

Golf GT & A4 Avant

how do people manage to come onto a detailing sub forum, see all the posts of random detailing products that probably mean nothing to 95% and post:

rechargeable batteries for my camera
Hi viz jacket for work
big fluffy rug for the lounge LOL

it's supposed to be for us detailing geeks that get excited over new rimming wax, wollies for small tight crevice's, and mint merkins

Last edited:

how do people manage to come onto a detailing sub forum, see all the posts of random detailing products that probably mean nothing to 95% and post:

rechargeable batteries for my camera
Hi viz jacket for work
big fluffy rug for the lounge LOL

I think it's from hitting 'What's New'.

Any comments on vics red?
Seemed to get a bit overlooked with all the "I got the high viz y0 + ipad 5" pushing it back.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

Concourse red is lovely wax to use as is collectors yellow, looks good and good water behaviour. But I personally did find much in the way of durability, less than a month from 1 layer but others have experienced better.

Not sure what type of colour supreme red is but I found collectors yellow give more flake pop, and concourse red more glow to my LY

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Vics Red is very very goid but it's a pure summer wax. Beading and sheeting were fine but it really needs vics quick detailer with it.

Infact deep cleanse, vics Red and the qd are a fantastic buy.

Maybe look into Raceglaze 55? Think of it like Vics on steroids. Oh and use a good glaze underneath. On red, clearkote redmoose glaze is a must on Reds.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

you love it Toby

Dunc, for <£20 get one of there 3oz tubs, worth a shot, I got both and will more than likely replace them when they run out

Thanks for the advice. Gally, i'm afraid the raceglaze is a little expensive for now unless I just suck at shopping around. But I will definetly get some clearkote red moose.

Dave, I think I will get a 3oz tub but for summer then? Anything better to get with the current weather :(
And supreme red is metallic by the way.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The small tubs last forever mate.

I'd personally get the glaze and pick up some AutoGlym HD wax. 6 months+ durability and comes with a few applicators and cloths. Bargain if you ask me. Circa £30 in some places.

Will save you re-applying ever few months. :)