ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Found one of these today :)

555B6852-4FEA-47C2-BC07-0D4F32A36BFF-4557-00000602DCA2EA42.jpg

Not a 320d
Used them before?

I dont use anything else now. They are delicate though. My first one lasted about 3 weeks.

Find they give much better results and are safer.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Not used one before no, used a dodo super natural though and liked it, but it was too dense

Why do you think yours Didnt last?

Mini JCW
What LSP are you guys using for winter?

I'm still undecided. E-mailed Max protect for a price on their ceramic coating LSP but no response.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Autofinesse tough coat on one, GTechniq C2 on the other. I'm after easy application for the chance to top up the protection should the weather allow instead of relying on one to last

Golf GT & A4 Avant
neither.

it can be diluted down to use as a QD, C1.5 is different as it was designed to top C1+. I didnt find it went on bare paint as well as C2

Not a 320d
Not used one before no, used a dodo super natural though and liked it, but it was too dense

Why do you think yours Didnt last?

They generally don't last as long as mitts. After about 2 months they are really floppy an I find have picked up quite a bit of dirt by then depending on which cars I wash it with and so replace them. Around wiper blades if youre not careful you will slice the sponge open, I think I caught mine numerous times and thats why it lasted a matter of weeks.

Got myself some Z2 yesterday for the BM, looks awesome with one coat on. Might whack another layer down today.

The chromework on the car is quite badly pitted/marred/tarnished. Anything you guys could recommend for it? I tried a polish (I forget the name) and I also tried megs metal polish, but they didn't touch it :(

Mini JCW
I'm also struggling to decide between a Metro Vac sidekick (for the whole car) or inline de-ionising filter as the hard water around Derbyshire + black car = etching :(

Abarth 500
Nothing you can do for pitted chrome unfortunately :(

Rechroming is the only solution - try looking up a company called 'Willow Chrome', they're based in the NW, and have been known to rechrome classic car bumpers before!!

Not a 320d
I'm also struggling to decide between a Metro Vac sidekick (for the whole car) or inline de-ionising filter as the hard water around Derbyshire + black car = etching :(

I have a metro vac but the proper beast, I wish the sidekick would have been available as I usually sheet water off the car and just use the vac to get water out the seams etc. So I still use a towel - I find if I blow the water off the pannel some of it drys on anyway especially in warmer weather.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Today I ordered from Elite:

G1 kit
Zaino Z-6
Dodo Juice Wash Mitt

as well as a spare cheap wheel brush and a couple of spare bottles with chem resistant heads.

I forgot how much I like wax over sealant, even if it doesn't fair well in terms of durability, so I'm hoping the Zaino can extend the life of the wax a bit...

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
Just ordered a TDS meter and hose filter to avoid any drying spots in future.

The drying towels i use are really good but hate when the car dries too quickly in the sun and leaves waterspots. God only knows how fowk cope in hard water areas, I'd go insane!

Need a new washmitt too. Really not happy with the Eurow one ive got just now. Considering how often i wash the Vee its shocking how i've got a large hole in either side where the seams join :mad: The inner rubber glove is a great idea and the rest of the mitt appears to be good quality but wont be buying one of them again. That link goes to Amazon but cant imagine i bought it from there, didnt even realise it had a rubber glove inside till after i bought it so must have been bought after reading someone's review on DW :S

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The chromework on the car is quite badly pitted/marred/tarnished. Anything you guys could recommend for it? I tried a polish (I forget the name) and I also tried megs metal polish, but they didn't touch it :(

Brush it, Gas Monkey style?

e92 330i
Farecla g3 wax app pad and a polish pad from halfords, only £6 for both seems nice little item - have to wait untill next year to try with a wax!

Focus ST-3
Rather than starting a new thread for a quick question I'll just ask in here..

Im just about to order a few more bits from i4D as running low on certain bits.. Any recommendations on alternatives I should get? within a similar budget? Its for a black ST..

PB's Black Hole
Zaino Z2
Iron-X Cherry
Megs Endurance tyre gel - is gel or spray better??

Also, after the Z2, do you advise waxing or is the Z2 more than enough?? Cheers

Focus ST-3
but with the spray dont you find yourself having to clean the whole of your wheels again when it drips all over them? thats whats annoying me with AG tyre dressing

Not a 320d
Dont know why I bother ordering from that tight fisted jew.

Ill always strive to use Elite or PB where I can but obviously when the time arises and no one else stocks what I need then I have to. 2 days to get it in the post. Then 2 days to deliver. Just a bottle of detailing spray ffs.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I would typically agree with you, but my last order i placed an order late one night, confirmation email the next morning and delivered the day after. A real improvement over previous experiences. maybe he just doesn't like you, as they are occassionally found lurking in here

Gents, I have decided to sell my Glasur and Carbon samples I bought off Dave not too long ago.

I have;

Zymol Carbon jar is approx 60ml, and the Glasur is a 50ml pot. PM me if interested.

Not a 320d
Gents, I have decided to sell my Glasur and Carbon samples I bought off Dave not too long ago.

I have;

Zymol Carbon jar is approx 60ml, and the Glasur is a 50ml pot. PM me if interested.

Quite a nice area you live in mate. Was down there Sunday Evening till this morning.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
More of a runner up prize, for the Halloween competition. The main prize was satsuma rock last pot. But I wanted the vanilla more anyway!

Had to dress up like this lol!

10B0BC3C-FDA2-4404-80A6-969E275DC12C-1505-0000026DC25994E3.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just ordered some more AF tripple, amigo, bitemax procut, a whole load of 5.5'' pads and some 3'' ones too, more iron x and a Polished Bliss goodie bag in their special offers section.