ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

What a clown.

e9yzuqaj.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I just spotted this and was coming back on to congratulate toby and you other mean people! :rasp:

I still seem to remember his username popping up on here before

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
**** anyway.

Well I got some lovely stuff delivered from AF, thank you James. Never won anything really before. :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually think it was the week before last! I had a thread on it! I needed some TC and Tripple. Great timing! ;)

F56 MINI Cooper S
Im about to order some Zaino Z8, just want some things answering first

- Do i need to apply any polish/wax first? or do i just apply stright after drying?
- Do i apply it after every wash?
- Is it easy wipe on wipe off? Do the whole car then go back and buff off?

Thanks, Jordi.

Fiesta ST200
Im about to order some Zaino Z8, just want some things answering first

- Do i need to apply any polish/wax first? or do i just apply stright after drying?
- Do i apply it after every wash?
- Is it easy wipe on wipe off? Do the whole car then go back and buff off?

Thanks, Jordi.

As long as you have some form of LSP down, you can use it as a quick detailer once dried.

I would apply after every wash if I was you, just to have rid of the light drying marks. It is very very easy to use.

Not a 320d
As long as you have some form of LSP down, you can use it as a quick detailer once dried.

I would apply after every wash if I was you, just to have rid of the light drying marks. It is very very easy to use.

Bit expensive for that. if I was wanting to do that after every wash id look at another synthetic QD like Megs 135. Z8 will last about 2 washes easy if not more - its actually quite durable on its own.

Not a 320d
Whats LSP? I currently wax after every wash...

Last Stage Product (wax or sealant).

TBH mate id use a paintwork cleaner or a glaze and just top it with Z8. You could get a proper sealant or wax and then top it with z8 but that might be a tad pointless. I rarely use detailing sprays on waxed cars unless the water behavior is appaling and is in need of a fresh coat of wax and I dont have time to wax.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Any suggestions?

Megs spray wax is usually my choice after every wash, its easy, quick and gets a good shine.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Used it before. For something to use every week its just as much as Z8, and I went through it pretty quickly!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
spray sealants I'd recommend werkstatt acrylic jett, af tough coat, carpro reload, gtechniq c1.5

Meguiars ultimate quick detailer can be classed as a spray sealant IMO, I've used it as a drying aid for a while and the beading and protection it offers is relentless

Machine applied sealant I reccomend af power seal or menzerna powerlock

Glaze I'd reccomend megs #7 or prima amigo

Paint cleanser I'd say af tough prep, af rejuvenate, dodo juice lime prime lite or even kleers paint cleaner

Wax I'd reccomend megs #16, Ag hd

All these reccomendations a are based on my findings for good durability an great looks

However they aren't intended for weekly use

A good few days doing it properly will give up to 6 moths protection.

e92 330i
Used it before. For something to use every week its just as much as Z8, and I went through it pretty quickly!

Why do you want to use a paint sealent after every wash? Use AF TC every 6 months x2/3 coats and any qd without carnauba will be good every wash, i.e megs last touch, AF finale.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
IMO your best off getting the werkstatt acrylic kit

Has a very very good paint cleaner, brilliant sealant, and dedicated qd all in one package!

F56 MINI Cooper S
Why do you want to use a paint sealent after every wash? Use AF TC every 6 months x2/3 coats and any qd without carnauba will be good every wash, i.e megs last touch, AF finale.

Because I want to apply something to it every week, otherwise the paint doesnt look/feel as nice.

I had AF Finale Spray and wasnt that impressed tbh, it was basically like water.

e92 330i
Because I want to apply something to it every week, otherwise the paint doesnt look/feel as nice.

I had AF Finale Spray and wasnt that impressed tbh, it was basically like water.

Ok but a sealent every week is massivley wasting money/product.

Find a good QD. As mentioned werkstat acrylic jett kit is good. Zaino z6 has good reviews.

I use sonus carnauba spritz and its brilliant, really slick but thats because it has carnauba (i thnk) could still use it over a sealant i guess.

I have 2 bottle and ones nearly empty, ill happily send it to you uf youd like to try give it a try?

Clio 182, Astra Sri

Honestly mate if you do all the prep properly then put a few coats of your chosen lsp on it, a simple weekly wash with good technique and a dedicated qd as a drying aid it will come out mint every time

Af finale is a proper no frills qd. Just brings the finish back to how it was when the lsp was first applied, doesn't add it's own characteristics which IMO is better. I like it anyway

F56 MINI Cooper S
Is Zaino Z6 more of a QD then? I see its cheaper than Z8 but doesnt get as good reviews. Got any werkstat links I can have a gander at?

I used collinite 476 for a while but found it hard to buff off, it basically took abit of pressure to get it off.

Not a 320d
Every week - use a cheap spray sealant. I do it with company hacks I look after. Just keeps the beading and gloss up and its relatively in expensive.

Like megs 135 or Sonax Extreme brilliant Shine Detailer.

Both available in bulk or in Smaller Spray bottles. Im sure youll find videos of them both on YT

Oh and FYI 135 is IPA based, so if you apply it over a wax it will cause wax hazing and look like the whole car has holograms. I think Z8 is also IPA based but not as bad so its good for waxed cars too.

Fiesta ST200
I had tough coat as my lsp, washed with lather and the rubbed down with finale once dry.

As junior said, it's no frills. Brung it straight back to how it looked just after I removed the tough coat. Great stuff.

F56 MINI Cooper S
How often would you bring Z8 into the mix? once a month? And would you polish beforehand, or just wash, dry, Z8!?