ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Ordered some new boot struts for the Trophy to stop the tailgate falling on my head

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Removed wheels to give a coat of mint rims and removed my TPI bolts before the grit rears it's ugly head!

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Took washers out under drivers seat to make it half inch lower. That extra half inch counts, apparently, well so my girlfriend says.

fitted some calipers plus new discs plus pads... will bleed them tomorrow. Will be rather nice having brakes that actually work

Shelled out 150 notes and bought the car. Drove it home and adjust the idle , popped the boot back over the balljoint and fitted a stereo. MOT tomorrow :D

Clio 172
Fitted new pass drive shaft, both wishbones, ball joints, sanded down bullets, 'Clio' badge, bothe front and rear diamonds and sprayed. Debadged the rear badges on other side, cleaned under engine bay, clay bar the whole car and wax it, new post car exhaust gasket, front exhaust hanger replaced and ordered paint for wheels and heat wrap, attacked front lights and set up sound system. Busy day

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
usune4un.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
^^^^ I have a pair of those Mick, not fitted them yet.

I can't wait to get the new engines top end assembled now and then fitted in the car (waiting on some aqua blasting bits to come back before going for paint). I also need to call Paul RSTuning tomorrow and get a date for remapping before Christmas to but I'm excited to see how they'll compare to the 197 cams I currently have installed making a respectable 190hp with my RS2.

I'm not expecting any increase in peak power but I'm not 100% I have the timing advance quite right on the 197's which is reducing the low down pickup.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Oil and filter change. Didn't bother taking injector cover off though. Do people honestly do that? ?! Just managed to squeeze my hand in and get the filter on ; )

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Evening all :D had a play with ride height on my GAZ coilovers :approve:

Ive set fronts the same ground to wheel arch and same for rears, fronts 5mm higher than rears ;)

Should the front and rears be same height??

No more rubbing so happy with that :clap:

Any advice welcome please

Cheers Pat

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Ive set fronts the same ground to wheel arch and same for rears, fronts 5mm higher than rears ;)

Cheers Pat

Rear should sit a little higher.

182cup & 172 racecar

Cheers Pat

Clio's like Rake, which is now something you have completely managed to totally eradicate.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I can't wait to get the new engines top end assembled now and then fitted in the car (waiting on some aqua blasting bits to come back before going for paint). I also need to call Paul @RSTuning tomorrow and get a date for remapping before Christmas to but I'm excited to see how they'll compare to the 197 cams I currently have installed making a respectable 190hp with my RS2.

I'm not expecting any increase in peak power but I'm not 100% I have the timing advance quite right on the 197's which is reducing the low down pickup.

Ive got the cams but im also going to be sending the head away to be ported. I need to buy Supertec valves, ARP rod bolts along with cam belt kit etc..
I want to get my bits aqua blasted as they will also be getting painted.

Changed my accelerator cable so I no longer have to blip the throttle when coming off the power and no longer have to press it quite hard to apply revs to pull off. It's taking some getting used to as it had been like that for at least 6 months!
Looking at receipts I got with the car it had been done before.. I'm assuming its gone again tho as it hadn't been reinstalled in all the cable guides so was probably in a funny shape or something.

Clio 182 FF
RS Tuner, New wishbones, Powerflex dogbone, Powerflex front and inner ARB bushes, and Miltek decat! Feels like a different car! Just need to find some nice bendy welsh roads!!:p

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mick is that the VHT crackle black, im on my phone so can't see it very well?

Hope that pipe is being replaced. ..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They're crappy phone pics so not great i'm afraid. Yes and yes... along with the dephaser solenoid seal if anyone noticed it covered in paint.