ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Why didn't you just go to you're "normal" garage?

A garage that doesn't give you a quote before hand? Seems legit. As Jekyll says, why not use your normal garage

because my normal garage open small hours over the weekend that I cannot attend due to work, and would have had to travel from Huddersfield to Doncaster on a weekday missing a day of uni to get them to do it....

​So I thought I would go uni and give this garage a go whilst I was in Hudd as the bearing was pretty loud and got screwed over :/ it would have still only cost me about £60 (including petrol to skip uni one day and travel to Doncaster then back to Hudd when it was done) :(

Live and learn I guess but I am still really f*cked off about it though!!

Black 182 FF
Washed it and also found another scuff/ding on the back bumper where I'd previously touched it up when I think some old dear had clipped it when she was having some trouble parking.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Rear disc and pad change. Little paint on the Callipers to to tidy it up a bit as well.

Before;

86DDDE58-4F6F-4A2E-A2C6-FC4B6E84B28D-8552-00000730B2B623AF_zps09571ffc.jpg

After;

FD4FA969-F23C-4802-92BF-41FD5247B8B4-8552-00000730B93B1DE7_zpsa96c3273.jpg

iceberg phase 2 172
just finished painting my calipers black and cleaning inside my wheels , gonna spend the rest of the day giving it a full strip back of wax , clay polish glaze then re wax :)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Today - I will be mostly doing the front Anti-Roll bar links and giving the whole suspension a once over as I'm getting the odd "knock" for no reason.

Clio II 1.2 16V
Gave them both a clean, Swaped and fitted my good tyres to the Ph2, I might run the bath to find out where the puncture is on one of the wheels I removed. After that I think a few pints in the sun for Today TBH.

th_Cliossmall_zps9a7734da.jpg

Trophy #387
Took it to the Polish to get it cleaned - looks lovely as always. Then went down to Guildford Tyres to get 2 new Michelin PS3's fitted on the front... Feels lovely to drive a car that plants itself on the road round corners again.

BISy6FOCMAE83LK.jpg

​Excuse the shitty phone pic

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Bought a Alternator splash guard from Fraser.J & Wee Stu for £5.00 (thanks guys as retail is £64.45 ;))

Also had my Wiper stalk arrive so i can now have adjustable wiper speed.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Took off my damaged Breather plate.

Painted the replacement.

Waiting for it to dry so I can refit.

2x182 turbos
Took my turbo Clio for a nice wash blasting out some tunes can't wait to pic my high boost supercharged Clio up :) this prob be deleted but I got a nice group on Facebook as I'm not on here a lot. Renault uk add away love to see pics of every1s cars

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
16 new wheel studs, new rear discs, refit exhaust and re adjust camber and toe ready for Silverstone next weekend.

Black 182 FF
Flattened and polished the two rear wheels I painted the other week. Cleaned up and touched up the driver side front.

Filled it up and drove down to Dan at SJM to pick up a bottom end to have some fun with. All for the price of a drink despite him saying don't worry about it!

Happy days. Cheers Dan!

Clio 1.9 DTi Si
got my first clio, cleaned the inside and driven it only 10 miles!, only time will tell if i have been converted to clio ownership!

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
today ive done nothing but window shopped so far on my to buy list are
ph3 front bumper
campus boot n bumper
coilover rokkor
standard/euro lights
plastidip fluerocent
and pricing up wheel refurbs for my lenso bsx's

things look expensive

Cleaned out the drivers side ready for sealing up and carpeting, stock the rear view mirror roughly in place with masking tape to check rearward visibility is ok for IVA, I have a feeling it won't be... Balls

spent another £70 on a new Heaters resistor & Number plate lamp holder.. around £900 ish up to now this month just on PARTS!! and still got a few more bits and bobs i want lol

Found what was causing the annoying rattle inside the door when I turn the bass up. This yellow bracket was loose and rattling. So stuck some foam on the back. Should sort it :D

I also took the dash top off to wire in my inforad to the cd players spare usb, so it's nice and neat

D7B826A6-3145-41E1-9A2E-8F376F0BB13C-8062-00000C48C3928163_zps1a9fc5a9.jpg

C7DF303B-11DF-459F-8310-E8554731491D-8062-00000C48CA54F153_zps1c1ebd3d.jpg

Fitted these as supplied by N2Graphix, awesome quality. I'm just unsure wether I'm a fan?
Thoughts??

86193D54-7E7B-4CD9-9180-E60F772EF3C8-35413-0000211F613CF277_zpsd0830e99.jpg

EC458FDE-CFD7-4CCB-AEC8-B842373F0146-35413-0000211F59D7875D_zpseb5ef591.jpg

And fitted myself a stubby aerial and got shot of the Renault CB looking one

DCE4F904-76CD-4F4D-8D5E-FF448AB8EB01-35413-0000211F6690CFB1_zps5281ecf2.jpg

Finally replaced the worn out exhaust mounts. What a difference it has made, no more rattles and bumps everytime I hit a slight bump in the road!
only had the car about 6 weeks now, but cant believe the previous owner could drive with it the way it was for such an easy fix :eek:

COuldnt get the bloody tailpipes to line up though no matter what I tried, and one of the pipes is touching the rear bumper...hope thats not going to be a problem :S
Andy

RB Clio 182
Finally replaced the worn out exhaust mounts. What a difference it has made, no more rattles and bumps everytime I hit a slight bump in the road!
only had the car about 6 weeks now, but cant believe the previous owner could drive with it the way it was for such an easy fix :eek:

COuldnt get the bloody tailpipes to line up though no matter what I tried, and one of the pipes is touching the rear bumper...hope thats not going to be a problem :S
Andy

​It will probably melt the plastic surround after a while.