ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

BMW 320d SE
If you search the forum for leaks /blocked drains etc you might find your solution. That sounds like the drain in the middle of the bulkhead is blocked, there's one under the scuttle panel at bottom of windscreen that blocks easily too.
No doubt one of those is the source of your leak mate [emoji106] good luck
If only it were that simple! All the drains are clear! Running out of ideas tbh.

e55e648aa02436966ffa7faa86c7be22.jpg

Cleaned it in the snow ready for its new owner [emoji20] [emoji20] [emoji20] Will miss my Clio badly

Rare car now dan

Shame to see it sold

But a mk2 focus rs is lovely

Please say in blue with the alcantara seats not those peasant coloured seats.....
I know mate.... Gutted tbf

Buying with my heart I'd want a mk2 focus rs or a civic fd2..... I'll probably buy with my boring/sensible head and buy a fiesta st3! In talks with detail Chris on here about buying his fiesta off him

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Drove the Spec C for the first time in month's, great day for it too.

Really really love the car. [emoji2]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Machine polished the headlights, fixed a dead window motor, vacuumed it out and fitted a new wing mirror glass.

Then I washed it and broke the other wing mirror glass. t**t.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So finally after 3 weeks of owning the car, I finally did the cambelt and dephaser today! Despite having had a full head rebuild in the past, some monkey had screwed the cam seals up got the timing wrong! Car drives so much better now!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If only it were that simple! All the drains are clear! Running out of ideas tbh.
Fixed this on my one before I got rid.

Drains were all clear etc. On the passenger side under the their washer bottle is a load of wiring that's fixed down, there is also the hose for the rear washer jet. It's there that was leaking on mine, took an absolute age to find! Doesn't look anything when you see it but pour water directly onto that area with the carpets pulled up inside and you'll see it pouring in.

Digsey

ClioSport Club Member
  182FF
Stuck a new clutch in it after it decided to leave me stranded by the side of the road last week!
Easier job than i thought just time consuming, also chucked a new aux belt on it as the other one looked tired.
Clutch feels really light and smooth now, totally different to how heavy it was before, gonna take some getting used too.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Changed my washer jet for Citroën/Alfa spray jets. Was a quick 5 minute job. Unfortunately the windscreen wash was still poor so I definitely need to change my pumps :anguished:

Attachments

• IMG_20160214_112041.jpg
    IMG_20160214_112041.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 75

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Fitted a new engine mount with the powerflex insert. Feels like a different car now, the old one was completely shot!

Clio 182
Fitted updated dogbone mount bushes! Def worth doing the extra vibration doesn't bother me as the gear change and stiffness is AWESOME!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
How easy is the dogbone mount to do, obviously it's only a couple of bolts, but is there much movement in the engine when you remove the old mount?

Clio 182
How easy is the dogbone mount to do, obviously it's only a couple of bolts, but is there much movement in the engine when you remove the old mount?
Quite easy to do mate. Get the car jacked right up, remove under tray, removed old dogbone fit new one!

If your using your old dogbone you will need to press the standard bushes out which can be a pain!

BMW 320d SE
Fixed this on my one before I got rid.

Drains were all clear etc. On the passenger side under the their washer bottle is a load of wiring that's fixed down, there is also the hose for the rear washer jet. It's there that was leaking on mine, took an absolute age to find! Doesn't look anything when you see it but pour water directly onto that area with the carpets pulled up inside and you'll see it pouring in.
Finally took the wipers, scuttle and washer bottle off and this was the problem. The washer tube passes through the bulkhead and has a sleeved grommet that had been pushed through, letting water through. All fixed now and no more leaks! Thanks @welshname

1.2 & Artic 182
Timing belt kit on my Artic 182. I underestimated just how tight it was in the bay but my fingers paid the ultimate price :weary:
And yes all tools were used.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 81

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Inspired by a poster above I changed my cabin filter, think it needed it...

Attachments

• IMG_20160220_134733.jpg
    IMG_20160220_134733.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 51
TIL. Using one of these things on the seats of the caddy. We had ours for a few quid in a cheapy shop.
De-Fluff Fuzzing Lint Remover Gun https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0038RXSIS/?tag=cliospnet01-21
In time I'll get some gti seats or something, but for now a clean and tidy is good. Their designed for clothing etc really. The results are amazing:
a9f19030b09886b4a0e88a9123251d64.jpg

After
6d794d2a56d369239916aeda93fc6b64.jpg

Handy for some people to know if they have similar issues with their seats. I use mine on my beanie hats too.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Well today I stripped off wipers, scuttle panels etc to fit two brand new washer pumps. Had a complete nightmare of a time, couldn't get passenger side wiper off broke two wiper removal tools before I bought this
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&categoryId=318447&langId=-1&productId=173425&storeId=

and some penetrating fluid and it came straight off. Got everything off, power cables disconnected and washer bottle out. Removed pumps to be greeted with this...

Original is on the right, checked Ebay listing and definitely says compatible with my car :tired:

Attachments

• IMG_20160221_112258.jpg
    IMG_20160221_112258.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 94