ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
@robbie514566 can i ask what size disc are they? 280 or 300 also do you have a link for the caliper adapters.
Looks like the pads covers the entire disc.

They are 280 discs And I made the brackets myself.
The pads don't cover the whole disc it's just because they are brand new discs there's no markings yet

M2 Comp
I know I only posted some similar photos a few pages back, but I managed to get some more with a DSLR this time, and well, I thought I'd be an ASW and post them up :tongueout:

So here's what I've been up to...

24169500476_6e374be15e_c.jpg

24112983381_6ffc06d431_c.jpg

Yes I know the ABS sensor is missing a screw - it's in the post
tongue.png

24169502686_8c7ca6be90_c.jpg

I'm hoping to get the arch liners and the front bumper cleaned up and fitted over the weekend (I will be replacing all of the fixings, too). Then all that's left to do at the front-end is to rebuild the front calipers with new seals and pistons.

Sexy as fook, what did that cost you? I have gaz fully adjustables including ride height, really uncomfy and it winds me if it hit a pot hole or deep grid

M2 Comp
Sexy as fook, what did that cost you? I have gaz fully adjustables including ride height, really uncomfy and it winds me if it hit a pot hole or deep grid

Too much, lol! But they *should* be good for a few years now. The car is very much a keeper so I don't mind spending a bit of money to keep it at its best.

The Sachs aren't exactly comfortable either mate. They make up for it on a good B-road though, right? :)

BG Clio 182
Replaced the headlamp washer pump. Now one headlamp washer works haha. Looks like the bumper is coming back off next nice day to see if there is a pinched line or something. Worst case I just "T" off the working line and use it like that.

Track 172 Cup
Had my electric power steering done, litre race battery and my SM Turkish inlet fitted/mapped (194.7hp and 165lb/ft) and a PMS stud kit fitted.

Attachments

• 20160114_225559.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  BG Clio 182
Finally got both headlamp washers in! New one was mounted on drivers side, hoses were redone and routed correctly. Gave the Clio a bath then, it was filthy from all the weather we have been having.

BMW 320d SE
Picked up the Clio from Mike @Rentech after it needed a couple of bits for its MOT. He finally found the source of my footwell water problem too, so happy days.

Quick wash and polish, new gearbox mount as the P.O decided to leave a nut off the bottom of the bolt! Smoothed off a spare pair of door bullets ready for colour coding.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
The "S" looks a little lost :)

How do you find the Cooper S? What Clio did you have previously to compare to? Think a MCS will be my next car, German build quality and Clio like chuckability :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The "S" looks a little lost :)

How do you find the Cooper S? What Clio did you have previously to compare to? Think a MCS will be my next car, German build quality and Clio like chuckability :D
German build quality doesn't count on a mini. They rattle/creak inside just as bad as a Clio.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The "S" looks a little lost :smile:

How do you find the Cooper S? What Clio did you have previously to compare to? Think a MCS will be my next car, German build quality and Clio like chuckability :smiley:

As Dan said, not a lot different to the Clio on the build quality! There's positives and negatives against the Clio 182 I had... the worst for me being the gearbox, it's pretty fecking horrible. Much better warmed up which unfortunately is why I never noticed it on the test drive I guess :( otherwise, tbh, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

However... driving position is excellent. Interior in general is better. Personally I love the power delivery and they're so easy to get power out of (205/210bhp-ish for way under a grand) handling is on par with the Clio I'd say but atm I'm still on run-flats which are recommended to be changed so will hopefully see an improvement after I ditch those.

Teg
@dann2707 Squeaky bum time lol.. There's a lot of movement in them seats, should they be like that? Don't seem very rigid and I was looking at buying clubsports too.

I Finished fitting these this evening:

1zxo2vq.jpg

I just need to refit the top engine covers tomorrow, then test out the handling over the weekend and adjust the ride height if necessary. Hopefully I can give the car a wash at some stage as well if the weather allows and get some up to date pictures of how the car looks.

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced 2 x front side light bulbs, weren't blown but were a bit dim.
Replaced the blown number plate bulb,cleaned up the unit as it was full of rubbish and applied a liberal amount of contact cleaner to the pins and unit as there was some oxidization on them.
Fitted the Fatty's style induction kit, replaced a ball joint (other side done recently). Then stripped and cleaned the front brakes as they were squealing like a good 'un. Does need discs and pads but they can wait a while yet.
Patched up some exhaust leaks to tide me over while I wait for a suitable replacement.
Oh, and fitted the Powerflex steering rack bushes, bit of an annoying job.

Been a busy afternoon!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
As Dan said, not a lot different to the Clio on the build quality! There's positives and negatives against the Clio 182 I had... the worst for me being the gearbox, it's pretty fecking horrible. Much better warmed up which unfortunately is why I never noticed it on the test drive I guess 😧 otherwise, tbh, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

However... driving position is excellent. Interior in general is better. Personally I love the power delivery and they're so easy to get power out of (205/210bhp-ish for way under a grand) handling is on par with the Clio I'd say but atm I'm still on run-flats which are recommended to be changed so will hopefully see an improvement after I ditch those.

To be fair you can get a JCW Cooper S which comes with 210, it's less than a grand over a normal S and a better buy IMO.
Finding a decent/genuine one might take more time though.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Looked at my new fibreglass bonnet and wondered whether I should attempt to spray it (won't be great without a lot of prep), or just wrap it.