ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Iceberg 172
Correct.

A local company that regularly imports Jap. sportscars to Estonia (RHD Scoobies, Skylines, etc.) imported this one also. A female voice says something odd in Japanese when you fire it up, perhaps "fasten your seatbelts" or "lock the doors" or something with regard to the road toll memory card system that is on board. Have to check it out.

Even had a red flare in the glove compartment and the majority of stickers (incl. those on the door pillar) are in Japanese. The history of it is pretty much unknown but a VIN code check at the official Renault dealer confirmed that it had indeed been serviced in Japan.

Mechanically and bodywise it is quite sound and identical to an EDM Clio 172. I ought to make a thread of it once I get the details (MOT, etc.) sorted and some decent pics taken...

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Correct.

A local company that regularly imports Jap. sportscars to Estonia (RHD Scoobies, Skylines, etc.) imported this one also. A female voice says something odd in Japanese when you fire it up, perhaps "fasten your seatbelts" or "lock the doors" or something with regard to the road toll memory card system that is on board. Have to check it out.

Even had a red flare in the glove compartment and the majority of stickers (incl. those on the door pillar) are in Japanese. The history of it is pretty much unknown but a VIN code check at the official Renault dealer confirmed that it had indeed been serviced in Japan.

Mechanically and bodywise it is quite sound and identical to an EDM Clio 172. I ought to make a thread of it once I get the details (MOT, etc.) sorted and some decent pics taken...

Sounds interesting, get a Clio media thread up once you've got it in order, or maybe a project thread if you're planning on modding it,
i'm sure a JDM 172 thread would get some interest. lol

I really can't imagine a 172 driving about Japan surrounded by boosted ricers. :cool:

Clio 182 FF
Correct.

JDM flare :cool:.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted new tie rods & track rod ends, well when I say fitted the garage did it,
b*llocks to getting filthy and sweaty under a car on a day like this.

Handles like it's on rails now. :approve:

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I haven't done anything to either of them for a while.

In the near future I will be getting a bulkhead for the Astra van and removing the centre silencer and the clio will be getting mapped.

Ibiza FR Edition
Went out for a drive in Cheddar gorge just to drive it, which I basically never do! The entire bug population of Somerset seemed to be drawn to my front bumper.... nothing a quick wash couldn't get off, the Werkstat made it super easy.

Abarth 595
I did nothing myself, however the cambelt was done over the weekend, the first time on a 51 plate 172 with 87k on the clock.

Clio 172
Washed all the dead flies and rubber off it from Donington, also tightened my wheels as since they were powder coated the nuts keep working their way loose. Its now red again

Fiesta ST200
New 'white' bulbs all round inside.

Then had a massive fail with the number plate ones and blew the fuse. Great job.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Fitted new rear brake discs and pads on the RB, attempted to raise the adjuster platforms but the Allen key size is 9mm and only had an 8 and 10mm.

172 Ph1
Washed yesterday

92040a19.jpg

out all day in mine , smile , smile , smile

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ordered Spax RSX coilovers for the RB, finally... FINALLY, I can say goodbye to the GAZ setup :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Put the stickers on the rear window.
The Karl pilkington sticker is from n2grafix off here. Cheers.

6d9a4884-0605-42af.jpg

Makes me laugh when I see it anyway. I know it's not to everyone's taste.

Edit: sorry for the double picture. Couldn't delete the one on tapatalk. My bad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338246643.023884.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338246643.023884.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 74
  Glacier White RS200
218 mile (wynyard to work), removed the the exhaust heat deflector (broke), oil change, and plugs changed after work :))

Astra (H) VXR
Filled it up, been up and down the m6 all day, picked up a new rear bumper as the cut out for the exhaust was hideous on the current one so gonna have it re done with a carbon surround fitted.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Discovered that over night it's decided to start leaking coolant from somewhere at the front. :dapprove:

Hopefully it's just a perished hose that given up due to the heat.