ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

406 V6, Race Buggy
Spent half an hour scratching my head wondering where the last piece of wiring loom connected, before realising I switch over to solid-state sensors last year and that bit's not needed any more....??

Clio 182
Finally got to doing my inner tie rods and ends together with powerflex steering rack bushes and tracking! Oh also a wiper delete blank been put on too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned my arches this morning

Attachments

• 2018-05-06_05-48-19.jpg
    2018-05-06_05-48-19.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 2018-05-06_05-48-13.jpg
    2018-05-06_05-48-13.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 193
  BMW 320d SE
Cleaned the 182 this afternoon, along with the wife’s Civic.

Attachments

• FE68B231-3689-4331-B49B-3E5CCBB3DD50.jpeg
    FE68B231-3689-4331-B49B-3E5CCBB3DD50.jpeg
    692.8 KB · Views: 147

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I rounded the 10mm nut on the fuel rail guard...... ?? Such little jobs always turn into a pain in the arse on clio’s!!

406 V6, Race Buggy
If it's any consolation I went to remove a faulty rear ABS sensor, which is a single M6 bolt and just pull out and clip in a new one.....and it resulted in me having to take the entire hub off, brakes, etc, weld a nut to the now-demolished siezed little bolt, and then beat the plastic ABS sensor out with a mallet because of the hub that had corroded and bit into the plastic housing.
And to do that meant removing the hub and bearing assembly which was in the way, which then means I ended up changing a perfectly good hub and bearing too - because that also did not want to play nicely when coming off.
Oh, and my jack collapsed halfway through swapping the ramp under the wheel for an axle stand and gave me heart attack - and then I couldn't get it back down off the stand as my other jacks were far too low....

The sensor is supposed to be a 2 minute job, you don't even have to jack the car up normally....:D

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
If it's any consolation I went to remove a faulty rear ABS sensor, which is a single M6 bolt and just pull out and clip in a new one.....and it resulted in me having to take the entire hub off, brakes, etc, weld a nut to the now-demolished siezed little bolt, and then beat the plastic ABS sensor out with a mallet because of the hub that had corroded and bit into the plastic housing.
And to do that meant removing the hub and bearing assembly which was in the way, which then means I ended up changing a perfectly good hub and bearing too - because that also did not want to play nicely when coming off.
Oh, and my jack collapsed halfway through swapping the ramp under the wheel for an axle stand and gave me heart attack - and then I couldn't get it back down off the stand as my other jacks were far too low....

The sensor is supposed to be a 2 minute job, you don't even have to jack the car up normally....:D
The joys of French car ownership

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

They're meant to be a tight fit. Almost impossible to get them out without destroying the sensor.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Changed the oil and fitted a vibratechnics gearbox mount. Then parked it outside the house. Far too hot for this stuff.

Fitted some custom R.S. badges, chuffed with them!
Also had a go at adding some green pin stripes to the dash strips, not sure what I think of them yet tbh.

Attachments

• 20180520_173016_001.jpg
    20180520_173016_001.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 20180520_173035.jpg
    20180520_173035.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 20180520_173120.jpg
    20180520_173120.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • 20180520_174938.jpg
    20180520_174938.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 153

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Fitted the decat pipe that came with my car. I have a suspicion the cat has died, it smelt like it was on fire yesterday and the car was running rough.

Seems better now.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Took the road Cup for a run as been stood for a few weeks. Changed the engine mount for a nice new standard one.

Getting the track Cup ready for Brands on Tuesday evening. Had all the calipers off, rear offside had a completely seized slider. Sorted that and then the bleed nipple flippin snapped. Will probably have to get a reconditioned one Monday as pushed for time. Fitted new race exhaust mount. Adjusted rear ARB. New Aux belt as previous owner had fitted it the wrong way! ? Will hopefully get a load more done tomorrow.
20180609_192739.jpg