ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have garage done to my lambda?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all,

Haf my car plugged in a couple days ago and it was showing a faulty pre cat lambda. I expected this as my MPG have been low for a while now which is a why i had it plugged in, in the first place.

Anyway, ive gone from getting 26MPG, to this;

6e3f5168.jpg

Excellent, great!

However, walking to my car and i could notice something hanging down, yes you guessed it, the lambda sensor!
But it doesnt look rite to me, is this the rear lambda? Its going from the de-cat then forward. I thought the rear lambda wrnt from the de-cat towards the rear of the car?

2314f34c.jpg

Pic taken from passenger side

Is it the rear sensor simply hanging down? Its the pre-cat sensor that ive had replaced.

Cheers

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
So it is the correct way? It is the rear and its just fell down then?

I was confused as i thought the wire should be at the opposite side, going towards the rear of the car and not the front

Looks about right, there should be a couple of metal holders for the excess cable on the heat shield.
Thats just the cable for the post cat lambda. You won't see the pre cat without looking underneath as its in the manifold down pipe.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, was worried theyd conected the front and back up together. Il go back tomorow to get it on the ramp and sort it

Clio 1.2
Just lay underneath and pop it back into the clip, did it just the other day takes literally 2 seconds

Steve