ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What happens when you race

Golf GTI PP Mk7
driving is fine, but everyone needs to realise, especially with perfomance cars like these, they need respect.

My cup always used to get so much attention from the 17 year olds and that round town, wanting to know how much is cost etc, so very few people realise how fast these cars actually are.

its not a normal clio. it needs to be treated accordingly.

poor guy tho, tis awful.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the driveside of the cockpit on those pictures looks intact, the seat hasnt collapsed etc.

the door is hanging off so wonder if the inpact of that did it or maybe he didn't have a belt on?

shocking though!

Clio 182 FF
This should be on primetime tv or any future car dvds etc.
its a real eye opener and such a tragic loss for all involved.
Let it be a lesson for all the boy racers out there who think they are invincible.
Thankgoodness his moment of madness only cost him his life and nobody elses.

Tragic:(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
How the hell did he get it up on the wall?

We've all done above the Speed Limit but who overtakes on a 30mph Road and he must have been going fairly, Feel sorry for the family though

80MPG BEEZA
he must have been doing more then 70mph i mean think how easy these cars do 70 you can get upto 60 in around 6 seconds they'll reach 100 in no time i mean coming to top of 3rd your talking 90ish, if you change at top of 2nd into 3rd your straight in power band for it to wrap you upto 90mph, i wreckon some where closer to 90mph when he crashed

using to much power in the wrong place one more reason for expensive insurance for us young drivers

Clio 200
such a sad video thoughts go to his family, RIP

although there is a comment on the 2nd part that really annoyed me, the cop saying "safety features are a last resort lets not have an accident and thats all down to the driver" such a nieve comment agreed driving safely can cut the chances of an accident, but they can happen at any time, any place and may not be the drivers own fault.

172Petey

The second part is a little bit ear bashing to younger drivers, sort of tars us all with the same brush. I know many people take risks but the more people are told that they cant do something usually the more they want to.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I remember this happening . Its only about 10 mins from me . I'm sure a couple of guys on here knew him . Such a sad and tragic waste of a young life . I bet most of us on here are guilty of doing daft things in our cars at some time or another . It just brings it home to you , how one mistake could be your last mistake .

"Navy" N17 TWO
Let it be a lesson for all the boy racers out there who think they are invincible.

I'll agree to that too!

Could have it arranged to be played at road safety shows as well

Clio 182 FF

I'll agree to that too!

Could have it arranged to be played at road safety shows as well

Think that would be a superb idea. lets keep death of the roads.

Of course accidents will happen but lets try and prevent as many as possible.

Mondeo ST220
Really makes you think. We all enjoy our cars and push them a little at times but theres a time and a place. The amount of idiots that are always having a go around where I live is silly. It is tempting at times but is it really worth it?

Racing on the streets is just silly

R.I.P though

Mercedes C Class Sport
Speechless as well. The thing that upsets me is how his families life is never going to be the same again, horrible to see. Id and alot of people would be naive to say they never have a little rag, but i get to a point and my instinct make me back off which Im so grateful to have.

Mk1 Maxim Sport

Just wanted to mention the fact that the majority of "boy racers" drive 1.2's and 1.4's and therefore cant really do much damage. id say let it be a lesson to u lot with powerfull cars tbh. And another thing, u cant say that when u were 17/18 u didnt go flat out every now and then and mess about with ur mates etc.

RS 172
Have no idea how the parents can sit and talk about it without breaking down, can imagine it to be almost impossible. Those Cups actually seem rather dangerous in the wrong hands, way more seem to get pranged than FF's.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Just wanted to mention the fact that the majority of "boy racers" drive 1.2's and 1.4's and therefore cant really do much damage. id say let it be a lesson to u lot with powerfull cars tbh. And another thing, u cant say that when u were 17/18 u didnt go flat out every now and then and mess about with ur mates etc.

most 1.2's are capable of doing in excess of 100mph, and 70/80mph plus in a 30 limit! their dangerous too! but with teh 1.2's you realise what speed your going because you get plenty time to look! with a 2.0 you pull out to overtake in 2nd and your at 60mph in seconds, change to 3rd and your doing 90 before you know it!

its scarey when i think about the days me and all my mates used to go out racing about and driving like w*****s to be honest, you just dont really think, what if i got a blow out, what if i hit oil in the road or just simply what if i run out of tallent!

Clio 182 FF

Hitting a wall at 70mph in a 1.2/1.4 gives you the same outcome as a 2.0 hitting a wall.:eek:

80MPG BEEZA
i think 1.2 and 1.4 are MORE dangerous then 2.0's i know when i was 17/19 you have crap all experience in how to handle a car when it does something it normally doesnt do, your mate would try and race you in his 1.2 know matter who it was you'd cane it as much as possible and it would be a case off whoever brakes the least win's basically atleast with a 2.0 you have the power to decide to slow down and accelerate again and much more braking power and better handling

Golf
f**k me, nasty crash, respect to the family for making that, had goosebumps from the first pic of the crash till the end

Nippy white cup
Can't believe I hadn't seen this. I was a good friend with Matt and Nikki. It was probably one of the worst moments in my life.

I had a call from Rob (Flaming Monkey) seeing if I was alright as his m8s brother was driving the recovery truck and said it was a blue clio in Feniscowles (just near my folks place). I knew that Matt had picked his cup up and feared the worst. My dad s**t himself because people were saying it was a young couple and their baby as people probably thought it was us in our car.

The place where it happened was somewhere were you wouldn't overtake but (and I'm not 100% on this) he went round a small island to overtake but something was coming the other way..he pulled in to avoid it but clipped the curb which filcked him into some parked cars and into the air and yes it was faster than reported. If the car wasn't coming the other way he would have gone round the island and it would be just another pub tale of how close it was etc...make you think

RIP Matt m8 :(

T

thecremeegg

Have no idea how the parents can sit and talk about it without breaking down, can imagine it to be almost impossible. Those Cups actually seem rather dangerous in the wrong hands, way more seem to get pranged than FF's.

Its why a lot of insurers wont touch them :(

RIP as said in the video one moment of madness and thats your life gone, so tragic :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
How do you get a car so bent in a residential area....

Lucky it was just him and didnt take out some pushchairs at a bustop

I'm slightly worried by the number of people on here saying watching that video will make them think about how they drive. It shouldn't take the death of someone to make you realise....

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
not watched the vid yet, so excuse my ignorance, but i'll say this. If the drivers are racing at high speed through residential areas with no regards to other's safety, they deserve everything they get. If it was a tragic accident then ignore my comments.

not watched the vid yet, so excuse my ignorance, but i'll say this. If the drivers are racing at high speed through residential areas with no regards to other's safety, they deserve everything they get. If it was a tragic accident then ignore my comments.
Well lets just say if he survived but there were people on the pavement where the car ended up he'd currently be doing a few years inside...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like he went for some kinda Mick Schumacher style manouvre and it all went tits up.

Wat a shitter!

Megane 230 R26
Really sad but unfortunately not surprising :( RIP.

Very good choice of track, at my work they made a DVD for a presentation that we deliver for 15-year-olds called "Choices & Consequences", and this track was the original choice, whilst showing pictures of a girl from America and then shocking the kids with her now disfigured appearance after being trapped in a burning car (Google "Jacqueline Saburido").

They paid all the royalties etc. and then the band themselves vetoed its use, they must have misunderstood what it was for and thought it was commercial as the request came from "Oxfordshire County Council". I told them they should endeavour to explain to the band what the aim of the video was as I didn't really see that they'd get in the way of it if they knew, but they didn't bother and in the end they went with an Evanescence track which was ok but nowhere near as effective :(

Megane 230 R26
Just watched Part Two and couldn't help but notice the copper pointing out all the mostly standard features of the (cupped) 182, citing them as modifications :S

Clio Billabong 1.2
Moving videos. Everyone needs to remember these accidents when they next think of racing someone.. it's just not worth it. Drive safely guys!

Thoughts to the family and friends.

TVR Cerbera
Just watched Part Two and couldn't help but notice the copper pointing out all the mostly standard features of the (cupped) 182, citing them as modifications :S

yeah and last time i checked a 1.4 is more than capable of killing!

mmmmm r5t..... ah yes a 1.4

why don't they say something like bhp limit as it is for new bike riders (33bhp), say 65bhp max for 2 years

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
God, what has this got to do with the cars performance?! He could have done this on my Nan's electric wheelchair and still had the same outcome.

Oh, and 182 owners with Cup packs, the 2nd part of the video is for you lot! You trouble makers with your 'Big bad boy exhausts,' 'front and rear spoliers to make it look like a fast car,' 'alloy wheel's, 'your engine bay chips' and your dents inyour bodywork meaning you've had alot of near misses.

Absolute nonsense. I feel bad for the family, but their son wasn't as smart as they seem to think he is/was.

Trophy #267
very sombre s**t
we all do stuff we later regret as young and new drivers.
Deep respect to his parents tho for doing that, just hope it helps save a few lives

Megane 230 R26
Oh, and 182 owners with Cup packs, the 2nd part of the video is for you lot! You trouble makers with your 'Big bad boy exhausts,' 'front and rear spoliers to make it look like a fast car,' 'alloy wheel's, 'your engine bay chips' and your dents inyour bodywork meaning you've had alot of near misses.

Yeah that's the bit I was talking about... unfortunately I feel it discredits the message of the video, don't see why they had to do that, could have got an actual chavved up car and talked round that instead. It's a shame because it's a powerful video otherwise.

Absolute nonsense. I feel bad for the family, but their son wasn't as smart as they seem to think he is/was.

I don't think it's disputed that it was his own fault, the whole point of the video is to change the attitudes of young drivers, potential young drivers, and their parents... which is the idea behind the presentation we give at work. I've just e-mailed the link to our road safety officer to see if he can learn anything from it.

Golf R soon...
He got the car on the Friday and crashed within a couple of days of owning it IIRC