ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What happens on the next clean?!

Clio 172
Hi

So you've Cleaned, Polished, Sealed and Waxed. The next week you come to clean your car, what do you do? Is it just shampoo and wax? From what I've read on here you only do the "big" clean every so often, but not really sure what to do in the weekly or two-weekly washes!

Cheers

Tom

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi

So you've Cleaned, Polished, Sealed and Waxed. The next week you come to clean your car, what do you do? Is it just shampoo and wax? From what I've read on here you only do the "big" clean every so often, but not really sure what to do in the weekly or two-weekly washes!

Cheers

Tom

Main thing is to make sure you use a mild shampoo, such as Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash (www.carwashnwax.co.uk) which will minimise the wax wearing away. Top up your wax every second or third wash, otherwise you can dry normally, then wipe down with a quick detailing spray (such as the CG Synthetic Detailer) and a microfibre towel. Don't worry, you will be busy keeping the engine bay, interior, wheels, tyres, plastics etc in good condition in the mean time!

106 GTi
Just Wash, dry and QD, or depending on what wax you using just wash and dry.

Dress the tyres, clean the glass, a quick interior wipe down and your done.

Clio 172
Is AG Shampoo OK for the general washes or is it too harsh?

Cool, so the big one every 3months ish?

Thanks guys! Until joining this forum I never knew how much went into a decent clean! Someone should pop over the FiestaST forum and teach them some stuff!

106 GTi
AG Shampoo is fine, most on here dont like it due to lack of suds, it leaves a nice finish and cleans well.

Once every 3 to 6 months for a polish and seal is fine. I tend to top up waxes once a month though. Maybe a bit less now I have changed the waxes I use.