ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What engine?

Clio 1.2 (1st car)
Hey, i have a clio mk2 phase 1 1.2.. what engine is an easy change, but abit more power? e.g 1.4 or something..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Well you didn't mention that.

Swap it for another 1.2 or get a new car. Insurance will be hilarious (on top of what I assume is already a hilarious premium) with an engine swap. Obviously, insurance is invalid if you fail to inform them of the change.

Clio 1.2 (1st car)
not enough money for a new car yet, and think it would be easier to engine swap.. in which case i no need to change insurance

2007 clio dynamique
Are you fitting it yourself ? If not then by the time you have bought another engine and had it fitted surely you could pick up another cheap car ? Saves the hassle

Clio 1.2 (1st car)
i got a mechanic who said he'l do it as soon as i got the engine.. and thing is i got coilies and stainless straight through, so dont wanna buy another car, coz would loose them..

I've seen 1.2 engines on fleebay for £150. Make sure ins know about the coilovers and exhaust too, nevermind engine swap!!

53 Clio's & counting
Swapping like for like is fine, swapping to another engine you will need engine, possibly gearbox and driveshafts, ecu and loom, and yes even going from a 1.2 8v to a 1.2 16v you would have to tell your insurance company.

Pretty pointless swap, just chuck in another 8v and get some experience driving