ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What else to do whilst engine out?

SQ5
My clutch is fucked, was done before I bought the car, non genuine so says it all!

Going to take engine out and have cambelt, water pump and aux belt all done too.

Will also have to do new coolant so will get new coolant bottle do its clean, going to degrease the engine bay and make nice as possible.

Anything else I'm missing out I could do as well?

PH2 172
take wiring loom out and strip it all and go over every inch of it including connectors.

Wow,good advice,but probably not a reply that OP was expecting.
Not a job I would feel confident in tackling myself either.

Along the same lines but simpler,seal the rubber strip at the bottom of the windscreen to prevent water running down onto the wiring in the scuttle.
Check power steering hoses,connections as they are a sod to do with the engine in.
Replace ARB & rack bushes if they need doing or if you want to fit polybushes do it while the engine is out.
Consider fitting a shaftec exchange rack or sort any tie rod play,ageing gaitors etc.
I found my radiator & aircon condensor,though still functioning,were in very poor condition from ageing,so replaced them with new Nissin units for £150 the pair,plus a receiver dryer.

SQ5
Wiring loom is fine, have wired a few cars and play with wires daily!

Has new power steering pipes in the last year, so all there should be ok.

Maybe I'll look into rack bushes and get those done too but I won't worry about a new rack.

So you have a link to radiator setup as my air con one is knackered as is one of the pipes.

All mounts are very new bar the bottom gearbox mount

'10 Clio200
I changed gearbox and clutch and exactly one year later had a leak on the oil seal, flywheel side. Have a careful look to both.

M2 Comp
Probably a bit obvious, but check the sump for the leaks. It will be so much easier replacing the gasket with the engine out of the car.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Give it a proper clean - you can find all sorts in that engine bay.... @Cookie

c33a66f9986902c4e03e86cf718d1f70.jpg