ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what does it actually do??

RS tuner...what does it actually do to the car regarding power,revs etc?

I notice that lately a lot of people are selling their's and wondered if they are worth the money or not.

Cheers guys.

Yes 100% worth the money, its used to Remap the car with a generic map - it improves driveability and low-down torque (by mapping out slightly the 5k kick to be a bit lower down also), also raises the idle and the rev limit.

People sell them on because once you've used it to map the car, it's only useful l for diagnostic or live data, something most people aren't bothered by. You could also keep it if you wish to switch between maps, for example for a 98 Ron map or a Pops & Bangs map.

If it doesn't have an RSTuner map already, it's well worth it! I don't know anyone who has had a bad word to say about them.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The "5K" kick that people for some reason seem to think is a good thing on these cars is caused by the car running far too lean upto 5K then suddenly correcting the fueling and away it goes, the RS Tuner allows it to run a more suitable amount of fuel under 5K so you fill in a big chunk of the missing power under this point.

The "5K" kick that people for some reason seem to think is a good thing on these cars is caused by the car running far too lean upto 5K then suddenly correcting the fueling and away it goes, the RS Tuner allows it to run a more suitable amount of fuel under 5K so you fill in a big chunk of the missing power under this point.
I thought the maps on these were deemed "safe"?

I've never got the 5k kick that people on here bang on about tbh. Tbh at about 5k the engine sounds crap so I've already changed gear (this is whenever I drive a 172 etc)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought the maps on these were deemed "safe"?

Depends what you mean by safe TBH, the exhaust valves are arguably more likely to fall apart on the standard map than on an RS Tuner one if you dont use the extra revs, so i guess thats an aspect in which the standard map is less safe than it could be.

But mainly its just for emisisons and fuel economy reasons that they are held lean upto 5K I would imagine.

I've never got the 5k kick that people on here bang on about tbh. Tbh at about 5k the engine sounds crap so I've already changed gear (this is whenever I drive a 172 etc)

Tbh, I only feel the kick after I've sat in traffic for a while and then I stretch it's legs. If she's been revving for a while it's a smooth band.

Just reprogrammed mine using rstuner. It basically flattens out the power across the rev range giving more low down power.. idles a lot better etc.. well worth it imo

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
To be fair if I can do it anyone can. How far are you away from Leeds? Rs running are good but I'm sure there's another trader/s on here who would be spot on too.

PH2 RS172
just had a look at their website. cant see any prices on clio remapping but if its anything like the price that the r26 map is then i think the diy job is the way forward. ill keep an eye out :)