ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you use your Clio for?

02 Clio 172
Just wondered what others here have there clio for, is it a daily driver or weekend toy?
Personally mine is a completly needless toy. I have a company vehicle and named driver on partners car plus a motorbike so aren't exactly short of vehicles to use.
Im probably lucky to use the car twice a week which is purely to go out and put a smile on my face, I maybe go to a friends or pop to the shops every now and again and that's it. Complete waste of money insuring and taxing it etc really. I could put the money to better uses but I do love the car and getting out to meets with fellow Clio owners when I can :)

Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Mine's mainly for weekend hoons.

Like yourself I have regular use of other vehicles and don't really need the car as such, but when the sun's out on a nice Sunday morning I can't resist taking it for a blast.

Looks like the 182 will be staying for a while yet:cool:

Last edited:

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Mine has evolved into becoming purely a weekend & track day toy. Came off the road in October because of a bust gearbox so I've bought a 2 litre high compression engine for it - will sort out a gearbox later :rasp:
It's been my daily driver since I got it in 2007

53 Clio's & counting
Last 172 was a daily for 45k, then a toy.

Williams is a toy - quite lucky I have other cars, I don't think Iv got the b****cks to use Duf every day - god knows what would happen lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Daily driver and the odd bit of track fun. Either way it puts a smile on my face each and everytime I drive it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
At the moment, its full of kids bikes, a paddling pool and a lawn mower.

Whilst my expensive bucket seats sit under a tarpaulin...

Ibiza FR Edition
It's my daily... don't think it will ever become a toy as I just don't have the funds to run two cars at present.

pimp mobile Zafira
I use mine as a daily/family car. Wife 2 kids and all their crap. Soon it'll be 3 kids to try and shoe horn in the back.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Daily, well it's a motorway mile muncher at the mod, did 270 miles today.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Weekend toy, if that. It spends most it's life on the drive idle :dapprove:

I wish I could use it for work, but unfortunately I have to use the van :(

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Work horse/van/daily/track ****/ taking all my money off me.

Clio is a daily driver / shopping car / cinema etc / tourer & track car lol (did 'the ring' last year.)
Got a bike for fun - although im only using it as a commuter atm so I think its pointless spending all the money insuring 2 group 16 vechiles to commute with :S

Driving for fun is getting rather expensive with petrol prices

Astra (H) VXR
I use mine as a storage facility for decaying nuclear fuel Monday to Friday then at weekends I rent it to tramps to take naps in...

All around daily driver for each and every journey where walking is not a feasible option.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Mines a daily and never liked it really! But the last few months with it have changed my mind! I love it now

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Mine sits out front taking up space on the road for 6.5days of the week.

02 Clio 172
Weekend toy, if that. It spends most it's life on the drive idle :dapprove:

I wish I could use it for work, but unfortunately I have to use the van :(

Same here, once the better weather comes I may talk my boss into giving me an allowance for petrol and leaving the van at work. It's a 50 mile commute a day but the roads are awesome :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Very little.

It hadn't moved for 3 weeks until I took it to the garage last week. Almost forgot I had it until my mechanic rang me!
i think I've driven it less than anything else I've ever owned!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Pretty much everything, commuting to schools around east Scotland (more on the bike in summer)

And pizza delivery every weekend lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mainly a daily driver for my mrs and occasionally for me, and we use it for quite a few trackdays as its our "back up" trackday car for when the others are out of action or not suitable for one reason or another.

Epic little all rounder really, would hate to be without it now!