ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you think about this Clio, Help appreciated

Edition 30
Offer £700 and use the spare cash to get it looking nice and in correct working order.

If not spend the money on a nicer car that doesn't need as much work.

DCI 80
Offer £700 and use the spare cash to get it looking nice and in correct working order.

If not spend the money on a nicer car that doesn't need as much work.

Tow, I know obviously its hard to tell without looking at it, but it seems to be a case of the brakes just need replacing and the electrics would be shot on the majority of the lights if it was anything big would it not? Possibly just needs new bulbs?

Im kind of asking how much work people would think this would need?

Cheers for the help

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
hi, never buy a car without a service history and then check the history against the service invoices and mots to see if they tally up, then and only then get a mate who is a mechanic to come and look at the car before you buy it, even at main dealers, best leave it, cu ian

Buyer seems genuine, I mean how many ebay ads have this: "Due to the fact that this car may have issues that I have not listed on here I will not accept any bids or offers without the person bidding or offering having been to inspect the car first"

Best case scenario new battery (£70), bulbs (£5), a decent service yourself (£50?) and a few brake tests to remove the rust from the discs... job done?

Needless to say the worst case scenario is £999 gone and a £100 fee for scrapping it and maybe loads of money inbetween trying to fix things. With no service history you can't get an idea of how the car has been kept. The last MOT could have had a whole list of advisaries which could cost hundreds to fix.

DCI 80
Can you copy the description into here?
Renault Clio 1.5 DCI Bilabong Edition.

This car is being sold as spairs or Repair due to an unidentified electrical problem and because it has been sat for about 12 months.
IT has not MOT and NO tax so if you want to buy this you will need to have it towed away.

BAD POINTS:

Headlights do not work. Not sure why the headlights come on as the fog lights and some of the other lights still work fine.
All brakes will need changing as has been sat for a year and have all rusted. Might be serviceable as is but I do not know.
Tyres will need changing.
Small dent o nthe passenger doo by the lower hinge, Long scratch along the entire side of the Drivers side.
Will more than likely benefit from a service.
May possibly need a new battery.
As it has been sat for so long there may be other issues that we do not know about.
No service history as car was origionally bought from an auction.

GOOD POINTS:

The car starts first time every time wen the battery is charged and does not blow out loads of smoke like some diesels.
No rust on the bodywork of the car.
When the lights work they are automatic lights and I believe this has rain sensitive wipers. (I will have to verify this)
Low miles for this age of car.
Alloy Wheels
Power Steering
Electric Windows.
Remote central locking
Bilabong Edition so has Black and Blue interior.
The tasty seat covers are removeable.
Nice Silver colour which is easy to keep clean.

This car would be an absolute bargain to someone who has the know how to fix the issues and put it back on the road. I have seen the 1.5 dci Clios on here with more miles than this going for over 2.5K so if you have the know how you could either make a little profit or you could have yourself an absolute bargain.

This car can get over 70 miles to the gallon and TAX is about £35 for an entire year. Would also be a perfect first car.
If I knew anthing about fixing cars I would have this back on the road for myself.

Due to the fact that this car may have issues that I have not listed on here I will not accept any bids or offers without the person bidding or offering having been to inspect the car first. If you bid or offer without seeing the car I will reject your bid or offer. (Sorry)
It is being sold as Spare or Repair and Sold as Seen so there will be no refunds.

If you would like to come and have a look at the car then please drop me message and I we can arrange a meeting.

Selling this car on behalf of my Girlfriend so any questions about the car send them my way and I will find out for you.

Remember. Cash on Collection and you CANNOT drive this car away. NO TAX OR MOT.

DCI 80
I understand buying this without a service history is potentially a massive risk. Worst case scenario i re-post it on ebay? If it was to go well though i could end up ina few weeks getting the girl a 2000 + value car for a great price.... She would be keeping it for a good 4 + years and it will be driven to the extent it wont ever be sold again.

Thanks for all the help guys

J

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just why would you contemplate that ??!

Needs FAR too much work IMO. It's not as if you're getting it for 1/10th its 'fully working' value....

There's plenty for sale, move on.

DCI 80
Just why would you contemplate that ??!

Needs FAR too much work IMO. It's not as if you're getting it for 1/10th its 'fully working' value....

There's plenty for sale, move on.

I understand the workload could be massive and it might be a dead end (It also might not be) but what am i going to get comfort, MPG, looks wise for 1300?

Mk5 golf gti
it wont be bulbs or fuses as he would have done it himself

he said the electrical problem is 'unidentified'

if it was 5-600 then i would probs buy it

Black 172
It could be bulbs, but not likely, as Dunn said, he'd have fixed it himself. It could be a relay. It could be a faulty switch. Or it could need a whole new wiring loom... you just don't know.
I'm no expert but my instinct is to steer clear of that car. You have £1300 to spend? That's quite a lot of money, you can find something else.

DCI 80
It could be bulbs, but not likely, as Dunn said, he'd have fixed it himself. It could be a relay. It could be a faulty switch. Or it could need a whole new wiring loom... you just don't know.
I'm no expert but my instinct is to steer clear of that car. You have £1300 to spend? That's quite a lot of money, you can find something else.

I understand, its so hard to fold my hand though, i love a tinker :) danger is shes going to end up with a Ford Ka :(