ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you say to people who call your car a 'girls car'?

Yeah for sure. As I said, they are great cars, but the public's impression is that they are either girl's cars or charver heaps. It cannot be avoided.

If I still owned one, I wouldn't care, but that's the reality.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Problem is, those soulless, diesel German cars are just as capable. And pulling away from a Jag... wow. Just enjoy the car and get on with it.

I do exactly that. The Jaguar thing was not entirely true.

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah for sure. As I said, they are great cars, but the public's impression is that they are either girl's cars or charver heaps. It cannot be avoided.

If I still owned one, I wouldn't care, but that's the reality.

This. No point in worrying about what other people think

Meg 300Cup
Depends who says it, if it's a mong who knows nothing about the car, I'll get over it

If its someone who cares about cars I'll let them have a drive then see what they say

But really, who cares?

White clique
TBH when i had all my Clios i never had this quip at all. A few years ago now there were deffo more girls driving Clio's, but its swapped over to more of a young lads car now. Obviously there are a few turnouts driving them, but i'd say the transition has been girls car-> chav -> 6th form student with night shift in Tesco warehouse

133/225/CLS AMG
The only thing particularly girly about a Clio is the name, same as the Twingo. Renault have a way of picking pants names for their car.

In every other aspect it's just another small hatch back like a Fiesta, Punto etc are they also deemed as girly? It just so happens RenaultSport are able to transform their normal hatches into something a bit special.

I've not been told I drive a girls car for a long time, probably not since I was 21 and owned my first 172. Even then though it was a bit of banter as it was quicker than a lot of mates cars at the time. Saying it's girly is a just one of those easy comments to get in an easy dig, it's mainly boll*cks!!

I'm more inclined to think some poncy pose wagon like a Megane CC or Pug 206 CC etc is more of a girls car as it's completely style of substance.

I mean apart from the name what's girly about this........

car_photo_337729_7.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Yeah that's a fair point, like I said earlier in the thread I've not ever had the girl comment, but the names clearly don't help lol.

Twingo sounds like a fancy word for masturbation.

Also agree with CC in the name is instantly not a good car and meant for the typical air headed wenchypoos

133/225/CLS AMG
The colour? :eek:

Pffft, it's a blokes colour.

The reason for that is that women would look at that and go 'Ooh that's such a boys car' because it's yellow with black rims. Few (non-petrolhead) women would actually pick that colour because it's 'too lairy'. I'd put money on that.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Problem is, those soulless, diesel German cars are just as capable. And pulling away from a Jag... wow. Just enjoy the car and get on with it.

Agreed, running my 130 PD GT TDI mk4 Golf with the stage 1 Revo map to approx 170 hp and 280 lb/ft of torque.......not so fast off the line after having my 172 Cup (or cornering as well either tbh) but goes like stink once rolling and is great fun. Think it is in the region of late 7 seconds to 60 time based on things I have kept up with to the national speed limit from standstill.

Lots of the guys from work used to ridicule my Cup, until the point where I took them out in it and showed them what it could do......rapidly changed their tune after that! Also got some comments like 'ah its a French piece of rubbish', to which I used to agree as that was easier than to argue.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
The worst I've had so far is "Shopping trolley on steroids" which is actually a pretty decent description. I don't really care what people think of it, it puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel and that's all that matters :D

I'd drive a bright pink Beetle covered in flowers if it was fun.

Mk1 16v brooklands
I get, hair dressers car off my mate, which i find funny because since the engine work it pisses of most of their cars

320d
I get told mines a girls car or I'm a chav. Neither of which I care about.

A car is just another thing that people make a prejudgement of a person about.

had it once... simply agreed and said its really slow and handles like a bag of s**t... just dont give them the reaction they want, simples!

Phase 2, 172
Not had anyone tell me my car is a girls car yet, id just tell them there motors a clitoris car, cos every cu*ts got one eh then drive off with the token wink.

Renault Clio 182
The people that I find say its a girls car usually drive real s**t car's themselves and they are the regular mcdonalds lot or they claim they are "boy racers"

320d
Try owning an MX-5 and a Clio.

I went from two Clio's to an MX5 back to a Clio.

To be fair my MX5 got the most slating "Barbie car" etc. ironically it was off students who either didn't drive or had s**t 15 year old MK4 Fiestas. Pikeys.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Tbh no one has ever said I drive a girls car.... I say it lol !!

Alot of people that know me if I buy a car it must be pretty good.....

also one of my mates races in the clio cup so they all know they are pretty good to chuck about :)

Evo 5 RS
You're supposed to be on cam before they finish their sentence. Or as most people would probably say "wait till VVT kicks in."

AWYEAH

williams and trophy
I agree with them, adding its the gay look of it that gives them the attached stigma.

And the fact its pink adds to that ;-)

Never get them saying anything of the sort when I'm in the Williams tho.

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with them, adding its the gay look of it that gives them the attached stigma.

And the fact its pink adds to that ;-)

Never get them saying anything of the sort when I'm in the Williams tho.

Shall agree with that, in the williams you get everyone coming up saying is that a williams?
It bloody says on the side of the car it is !

Hmm in the Dimma i get called a chav :D which i can agree with its 80's kit and yellow paint :D but i still love its looks :D

And in the 182 no one ever says anything... it just blends into the background and goes unnoticed most of the time