ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you love about your clio

2004 Racing Blue 182

What are the top 3 things that you love about your clio???

my 96 Valver:

1. The induction noise - lovely burble as it pulls through the revs

2. The Bonnet - one of the nicest vented bonnets ive ever seen

3. The performance - never fails to impress me.

What are yours???

-->NV

133/225/CLS AMG

I love my 172 because -

1 - It suprises people

2 - Its fun

3 - Its not a common car

4 - What other car of the same age and price offers as much performance or as many features????

Great little car and really suits my lifestyle at the moment.

Ziel Nurburgring

1) its been to the ring twice, an airfield day, 50+ laps of oulten park and its not used a drop of oil, not even a hint of mechanical problems and it keeps asking me to treat it rough.....

2)Makes Gareth Cheesemans move over in the low budget BMs and Audis

3)Still returns stupidly high MPG even when being beaten like frank bruno

Vee dub

1996 valver:

1. The mean looks are soooo :cool: yet very subtle

2. Handling, like its on rails!

3. Rareness....... Hardly see any about :D

all of the above a valver is a fantastic car looks sleek and sexy while still having some presence about it

bonnet looks great as standard, wheels as standard looks great its one of a few where its great as you buy it it you dont have to do much to it to make it fast and look good

oh i must stop now

1. The fact that its so smooth and civilised at 30mph, for example when being hounded/tailgated by chavs in built up areas, and then the fact that 30-70 it completely destroys them when the roads open up.

2. The fact that it still sort of looks like a normal Clio, which suprises the hell out of chavs who dont know better, and especially BMW re-mobiles etc.

3. Most importantly, how insanely fun it is. For the above reasons and so many more, such as cornering, the ridiculously good fuel economy it still manages to return, the lack of them on the roads (at least round here), how good it looks etc etc etc.

VW Potato

mk2 172:

1) Its got the heart and lungs of a bear

2) It punches above its weight

3) Looks very chic, yet purposeful

4) theres nothing sissy about it - everything has been honed for the best in performance, braking and handling, not for looking flashy/trendy/noncy

5) Everyone likes it. "This is a nice car" is a typical comment. And thats before it accelerates :)

6) Enthusiasm for taking a pasting is endearing

g
[edit - oops, was meant to be three!]

[Edited by Scudetto on 18 July 2005 at 4:01pm]

172cup

1. The menacing look of a 172 cup in your rear view mirror.

2. The VVT at 4500rpm throwing you into the back of your seat

3. Embarrasing TT drivers, Z3/4 drivers, top merc/bmws, and just about every other sports car on the road... that cost 3-4 times the cost of my clio.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

mk2 172

1. the look of it (its one mean mofo)

2. how quick it is. and the look on peoples faces when they try it on thinking your in a kitted up 1.2.

3.it handles pretty good

:D

1: The fact my car is decent and all my mates first cars are crappy 0.9l j reg things with rust all over them!

2:Its mine mine mine

Sy

Golf R/Leon FR

my mk1 172

1) the way it looks, especially the front

2) the performance you get for the price

3) the amount of people that stare at you!!!

I love my clio because it gives me freedom to do what I want to do, no more begging parents for lifts everywhere. :D

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 18 July 2005

my mk1 172

1) the way it looks, especially the front

2) the performance you get for the price

3) the amount of people that stare at you!!!
lol same as me mate :cool: