ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What could this mean?

Clio 172 Phase 1
Right basically last night I realised when I am parked up, engage 1st and release the handbrake my car just rolls, so all the time i've been leaving it in 1st incase the handbrake fails may as well not of bothered lol.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Cheers

Arctic Blue FF 182
As Giraffe says only really causes can be either your foot was on the clutch or it wasn't actually in gear. Guessing it drives fine?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Either that or you have zero compression in any cylinder, meaning someone has stolen your plugs, or worse, the whole head. You'd probably notice as you'd never get to any destinations though...

Clio 172 Phase 1
I was rushing this morning at work I will try again when I finish. Sorry if I've sounded stupid lol will update later

Clio 172 Phase 1
Reverse / 1st .. any gear, doesn't matter. It's the compression that stops it turning, not the gear you're on ;)

Ok im gunna sound like a total novice (which i am) but my car whistles loudly when the revs are dropping (from about 3k) could this be a leak of some kind if it is compression

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
There would be a decrease in performance surely if the compression was low enough that it rolled while in gear?