ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour wheels

renault clio 182
Heard quite a lot about this plasti dip stuff is it really that good tho? Do you still have too primer and lacquer like normal paints? And how durable is it like if I power washed my car does it hold on or peel off?

Ph2 172
Heard quite a lot about this plasti dip stuff is it really that good tho? Do you still have too primer and lacquer like normal paints? And how durable is it like if I power washed my car does it hold on or peel off?

Nope just spray on, I did 4 coats on mine just to get full coverage and a really bright finish.

Haven't tried the pressure wash or any washing yet. Worst case you can just spray it on again. Apparently if you get a chunk taken out, re-spray over it, and it all bonds together again as one surface.

renault clio 182
Really well sounds good roughly how many cans you need to do a few coats on a set of wheels? Just sounds a bit too good to be true that's all

Ph2 172
I bought four cans but only used two. I thought the same mate but thought I'd give it a try, it's cheap enough. Time will tell.

renault clio 182
I bought four cans but only used two. I thought the same mate but thought I'd give it a try, it's cheap enough. Time will tell.

Well that's it is cheap anyway that's why wasn't sure of it but worth a bash at some point I suppose did you have too do any prep before? Using two is ok if you got four costs on four wheels tbh red on RB would look awesome I'm temped!

Ph2 172
Well that's it is cheap anyway that's why wasn't sure of it but worth a bash at some point I suppose did you have too do any prep before? Using two is ok if you got four costs on four wheels tbh red on RB would look awesome I'm temped!

No prep, just a quick wash to get rid of brake dust.

Red and blue would be good!

renault clio 182
No prep, just a quick wash to get rid of brake dust.

Red and blue would be good!

See that's mental too me I've painted a few sets of wheels and various other parts so much prep involved and then rest primer paint lacquer it's time consuming yet can buy couple cans of this and bang done much easier in quicker will see I'm contemplating selling it if I don't will get them done red!

Ph2 172
Yeah well that's the difference, it sprays on as an aerosol paint but it dries as a rubbery coating. You don't get the perfect finish of proper painting, but it's good enough for how cheap and easy it is.

2012-02-25173825.jpg

i went for blue really really easy to use