ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What coilovers?

Phase 2 172
Hi guys, had my Monaco 172 ph2 a couple of weeks now and already want coilovers as I've come from a track prepped Fiesta with racing coilovers to what feels like a boat. I don't want to go full track spec this time but definitely need to improve the barge-like handling of the Clio.

Just asking what sort of coilovers I should go for? Adjustable damping would a bonus but my budget is less than £400. The K-Tec coilovers look pretty decent so if anyone has these let me know what they're like :)

Clio 172 cup
Hope you get a reply, This is something I have been looking at myself. I have heard good things about the V-maxx coilovers on the K-tec website, but im not sure how much better they would be than a fresh set of shocks and eiback springs which come to about the same price.

Phase 2 172
I've heard really bad things about VMaxx coilovers, I know people who have had them for other cars and they're really bouncy. But I suppose if all you want is a low car then they're alright!

Clio 172 cup
I've heard really bad things about VMaxx coilovers, I know people who have had them for other cars and they're really bouncy. But I suppose if all you want is a low car then they're alright!

That's the exact opposite of what I am after, If stiffer springs and fresh oem shocks will give me better cornering then i dont really care about it being lower, I personally love the angled look that the 172 has on standard.

Clio 172 cup
Anyone know how the Eiback pro spings are rated, if I drop the back of my car by more than 30-40mm my exhaust silencer will scrape on the speedbumps I have to go over to get to the gf's house.

I don't think you'll be going 60mm lower with Cooksports.

They are only just a bit lower than Eibach Sportlines which give a realistic 20-30mm.

However they would be my springs of choice if I was looking again, nothing but good reviews about them for ride quality and stiffness

Eibachs are good and that's what I use currently on my track car, but when I bought them the Cooksports weren't around.

If your not wanting to spend £££ on decent coilovers then Just refresh the standard setup and either cooksport (which are currently very popular) or sportlines which dont drop the car quite as much but are tried and tested.

Personally I am getting all the bits together (shocks, bushes, wishbones) and either sportlines or cooksports to have new a new standard setup.
They are really good handling cars as standard but they are all getting old now so just need a bit of love to get them back up to scartch.
:)

Phase 2 172
Thanks for the advice buddy :). Yeah I hear good things about cooksports! Might go for them but my mate is offering me his 6 month old sportlines for £60. So not sure what to do as I wanna go 15" but not have HUGE arch gap :/