ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Clutch?

Clio 172
can anyone tell me what clutch this is?

Thanks

Attachments

• mms_img1237148896.jpg
    mms_img1237148896.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 64
  • mms_img572402235.jpg
    mms_img572402235.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 68
  • mms_img1570106432.jpg
    mms_img1570106432.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 65
  • mms_img585344187.jpg
    mms_img585344187.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 60
  • mms_img1421500629.jpg
    mms_img1421500629.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 60

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Recon the first three are a pressure plate M8 :up:

(why are you asking tho?)

Westfield, 182, 200
Paid £100 from ebay for 3 pieces (pressure plate, friction plate and thrust bearing), genuine Valeo.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Surprised people still recommend valeo after the failures documented on here tbh! I replaced a failed valeo one with a LUK item and thought it looked like a far better clutch and pressure plate.

PH2 172
I have a LuK sourced from a local factor for £85.
It does what you expect a clutch to do, and the pedal is much lighter than it was.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Luck of draw i suppose.

My last clutch was from factory and had done 95,000 miles. 25,000 of those were by me and quite a few were track days.

It looked almost new when it was taken out.

Ph1
Don't know how true this is but I was told by a mechanic friend who frequents mechanics forums and some well known motor factors are renowned for selling fake branded stuff so wonder how many failed valeos are actually genuine valeos....

PH2 172
Don't know how true this is but I was told by a mechanic friend who frequents mechanics forums and some well known motor factors are renowned for selling fake branded stuff so wonder how many failed valeos are actually genuine valeos....
I don't frequent mechanics forums, but is the main theme twisting nuts?

dan's cast offs.

have you not seen idiotbook? everything euro sell is fake :tongueclosed:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Reboxed

I mentioned that to a lad at Ecp. Honestly thought the next day we would be court side.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

I heard about this -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Friend who’s family have a large garage, I think it got as far as court but got settled

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Out of court settlement, whichever parts maker it was taking them to court ( can’t remember now but will check )

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
No parts manufacturer took euro to court for buying cheap copies of their parts. Euro settled before it got to court

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You’d be surprised how many of the big manufacturers use rebranded chinese parts now, albeit mostly the slave cylinders.