ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Category Did You Put The Trophy Under?

Clio Trophy
when i insured my trophy last year i mentioned to direct line it was a trophy 182 and they went of to some department to get a car grouping for it, 182 was not good enough :dapprove: prob shouldnt have said anything but they ended up listing my car as a citreon bx or something and it put premium up by 50 quid. what are other peoples listed as on tesco, egg and direct line (ALL THE SAME) tempted just to change it to 182 3dr standard online and save 50 quid. cant see them not paying out???

RenaultSport Clio 182
It should be in their system as Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy (due to it being insurance group 17 compared to 16 for the other 182's). If you do the online quote you can select it.

Trophy 265/500
I'm with direct line, and my policy says:

Renault Clio 2.0l TROPHY 182.

I'm looking at my cert' right now (Got to take a copy in post merger to prove my business use to claim odd bit of mileage)

I would make very sure you select the right car, as it is a different group and you could be on a sticky wicket. They could try and invalidate your insurance if you claim, or argue the toss and drag your claim out as a best case scenario. For the few extra quid, get it sorted. It'll be more likely they try to invalidate if you make the selection yourself on the net, but you might get away with it if you quote and the person in the call centre makes the error after you give them the correct details.

Basically, don't risk invalidating your insurance and potentially losing your car, house and license when you shunt a Maybach because there's a wasp in the car. Bit extreme, but I hope you see my point!

Golf R
TrophyBoy616 said:
i suppose i can say i selected the closest and most accurate match

i've just posted on cliotrophy about this, have a read on there with my comments (it's a long one to re-post here!). Basically you need to get them to recognise it on the paperwork as a Trophy

A4 Avant & A3
i had a problem getting a 172 'cup' for my insurance.. it's down as just a 172, i have spoken to my insurance company (privilege) and they says it's correct!??!! so i've left it. (what else can i do hey)

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
NOOOOO not another one.

Direct Line were happy to insure me for the six months before my policy expired. When i phoned to change my insurance details, i told them at least 10 times that it was a Trophy and I was assured that it put onto the details.

Came to renew this year and was told that my car had been uninsured for the past six months as the Trophy is in a higher insurance group.

YOU MUST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR DOCUMENT HAS CLIO 182 TROPHY WRITTEN ON THE POLICY.

I was told that if i were to claim in those six months that the car was not insured correctly, as it was there fault they would of had to pay out, but it would of taken anything up to 2yrs to get full payment out of them.

I am with greenlight now, fully comp 5yrs NCB 3 Points and 24 it worked out at £725. with the CS discount, in the end it worked out at £35 more than direct line, but Greenlight are more mod friendly and offer a great trackday package as well.

Nissan 350Z
Mines got "CLIO 182 CUP" on mine, but it isnt a cup. Its just a normal FF 182 without any cup packs. Maybe I should ring em and get a discount?

Lee

BMW M2C
When I insured mine the first time they put 182 Cup 1 on the policy. Basically they based the quote on a Cup then asked the underwritters for confirmation. They asked me all about the car too. During that time I had a bump and had no problems getting it sorted.

When I renewed they left it as a 182 Cup 1, so I suggested they change it to a Trophy, which they did, and it added a bit to the cost, so I told them if they got it down to a certain figure I'd renew. They did.

Leon Cupra 300
the 172 cup im looking at, when i oput its reg into directline it comes up as std 172, even though they list the 172 cup.. hmmmm wat do i do?

Lee

BMW M2C
philmots said:
the 172 cup im looking at, when i oput its reg into directline it comes up as std 172, even though they list the 172 cup.. hmmmm wat do i do?

You can specify the car rather than going on the reg. My old 172 came up as a 1.2 each time.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have just bought my Clio 172 , its on an 04 plate and i had to do a quote online selecting the nearest match, i saved this then rang up give them the pin and got them to change it their side, offering to send them registration documents if need be. They still offer the discount becuase the quote was initiated online. Was sorted out eventually after speaking to about 3 people. Best to make sure they do it with Trophy because at first they told me to just insure it as a 182 but if i got pulled or had a smash i wouldnt want the trouble or possibility of having void insurance.