ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what cat 1 alarm

id advise TOADs AI606 m8. i only say that becuase i owned a clifford before hand on another car i had. as far as alarms go it was fine however it had a habit giving me false alarms, and really pissed my neigbours off. most security dealers will advise you to stay away from cliffords due to the problems / call outs it gives.

Since having my TOAD fitted i have :-

1. never had 1 flase alarm

2. never so much had "any issues" with it

3. Its Cat1

4. Value for money

5. never heard anything bad about them.

having said that i know before who have had clifford new generation fitted (G4s) who see if fitted by a decent dealer can be good products.

do a search on the subject to get a balanced view m8.

i looked at a clifford concept 300, i phoned round a few dealers but they wanted stupid money to have it fitted,

toad 606s are supposed to be good.

but in the end i got a cobra cat 1 (cant remember which one though) ive never had any problems with it and they did a cracking job fitting it.

I got a Cobra Cat 1 at the mo, but im savin for Clifford cos i know ill be happier with it.

Simply, theyre just better, all my mates have one, and they have no complaints, and i prefer all the features that come with it.

I have a concept 300 on my other car. False alarms quite regularly but this is down to the fact that it was fitted badly. Get an expert to fit it and they take ages setting up Cliffords! Theyre aprticularly good alarms for adding features to e.g. Remote Start

Clifford get a bad name due to bad installations.

I was going to get a Toad, but the place I had it done at talked me into the Clifford for a little extra money. I always wanted a Clifford, but as people say, they were asking quite a bit for them!

Daz.

350z & 16v Maxi

If you have to go for CAT1 then Toad is good and good value for money, however their shock sensors are not CAT1 specification, dont know how they got that into the CAT1 but they did.

Im just about ot order an Alarm for my car but not going Cat1, dont need it. The one im going for is fantastic tho, comes from Wolf ELEC and is the best for features and is very cheep. I am very very impressed with them and if you did not actually need that CAT1 certificate i would 100% recomend the Wolf!!!

Try here, not the best site but http://www.wolfelec.comhttp://www.wolfelec.com

You nutter colin, you are soon to have a Clio MAXI and your not bothered about having CAT1 status on your security system! you must have spent £2000 but yet a CAT1 alarm costs like £300 fitted!? :confused: You must be crazy, your maxi will have scum drooling all over it!

350z & 16v Maxi

lol

The unit Im going for is higher than CAT1 specifications just does not have the certificate. My insurance company does not give me any discounts for it so it doesnt need to have the certificate.

Colin