ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What bit is replaced on rear brake lines when going braided, line off the caliper?

RB Clio 182 Cup
MOT failed on corroded rear lines on the part that comes directly off the caliper and is bonded on to another line. From what he said I don't think this is the part that would be replaced by braided lines but I'm not sure?

Re: What bit is replaced on rear brake lines when going braided, line off the caliper

The braided lines are under the car. You need to replace the pipe.

Renparts sorted me out when I had a similar issue.

Re: What bit is replaced on rear brake lines when going braided, line off the caliper

MOT failed on corroded rear lines on the part that comes directly off the caliper and is bonded on to another line. From what he said I don't think this is the part that would be replaced by braided lines but I'm not sure?
No the braided hoses replace the two pipes that link the shell pipes to the rear beam. The one you need is the metal pipe fixed to the rear beam which has a flexi to allow for the caliper moving

Lionel Richie

only £24 each for new ones from the dealer (the hard pipes that run from the flexis across the axle to the caliper) cheaper and easier than making them in copper!

RB Clio 182 Cup

OK thanks for the help.