ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Bhp?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The thread is about what power 182's should make standard. You don't have a 182 but you still posted because you wanted CS to bum you over your 180hp 172. When in actual fact your car has been modified I'e it is not standard, it has been modified.

It's not standard and it's not a 182 so why even bother posting on this thread in the first place?

People who quote figures and then jabber on about their car being standard apart from a dozen mods, should be shot.

Polo + Micra
lol i've got a filter remap and exhaust on the polo but i can't exactly call it standard as it's gained about 80 bhp

focus st3
mine played up the same on saturday at RST,the k&n was killing the power,had to revert back to old airbox and filter and a new set of plugs inc.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Ive been having a discussion over the weekend with my mate who has a ph1 172 with a ktec stealth, pipercross cup car filter and a 98ron map from the rs tuner. I have a RS192 exhaust and a ph1 airbox with an ITG filter.

The discussion was his car pulled a lot harder between 2500 and 5000 than mine but mine pulls harder than his from 5000 onwards (mine is overdue a service to be fair). Neither have been on a RR so im not going to talk about figures. They both feel equally as fast but just seem to respond differently.

Just throwing this in here to see if anyone has experienced both cars and could feel a difference in the driving experience? Does the F4R perform in the same manner across all renaultsport clios?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
To the OP, your standard engine has bhp 146 at the wheels (we all know that mods like yours release f*** all extra horsepower in reality, mine's similar mod wise, and I get 2, maybe 3 extra bhp). There is nothing wrong with that. The RR you used only factored 12.5% for drivetrain losses, which isn't enough giving a low atf figure.

At 15%, you'd have 172 at the fly, and at 20% it'd be 183 atf...there's nothing wrong with those figures.

AB Clio 182 FF
Cheers for all your comments lads , and if your sayin that it sounds about right then im happy with that tbh . Just wasn't sure if it was right or not , think i will probs try and get hold of a standard airbox tho an get a panel filter.
where would be the best place to get an airbox ? Are they the same airboxs on all mk2 clio's i.e 1.2 1.4 or are they different on the 1*2 models ?.
Also any recommendations on what panel filter ?

cheers lads

a thirsty one
knock sensor could be on its way out and retarding fuel a bit, maybe worth a thought.

when on the way out they often dont show any faults

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Cheers for all your comments lads , and if your sayin that it sounds about right then im happy with that tbh . Just wasn't sure if it was right or not , think i will probs try and get hold of a standard airbox tho an get a panel filter.
where would be the best place to get an airbox ? Are they the same airboxs on all mk2 clio's i.e 1.2 1.4 or are they different on the 1*2 models ?.
Also any recommendations on what panel filter ?

cheers lads
You need an airbox from a 1*2 mate others are different, can recommend the ITG,get a secondhand one off here ;)

Lionel Richie
The thread is about what power 182's should make standard. You don't have a 182 but you still posted because you wanted CS to bum you over your 180hp 172. When in actual fact your car has been modified I'e it is not standard, it has been modified.

It's not standard and it's not a 182 so why even bother posting on this thread in the first place?

its a standard engine though, my standard engine makes 190 ;)

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Bhp figures - load of shat! Just drive it and have fun, to many people on here hung up on it! They are one of the quickest hatches on the road/track.