ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Bhp?

AB Clio 182 FF
Hi , so i Have a clio 182 2004 , and as stupid as it sounds what bhp do they actually run at , is it supposed to be 182 or near to that ?

I put mine on a rolling road yesterday an i was gettin 167.6 bhp n 189 n/m torque

the guy said this was normal for a 182 , is he telling me a pack of lies ?

appreciate any help on this please

172cup
Hi , so i Have a clio 182 2004 , and as stupid as it sounds what bhp do they actually run at , is it supposed to be 182 or near to that ?

I put mine on a rolling road yesterday an i was gettin 167.6 bhp n 189 n/m torque

the guy said this was normal for a 182 , is he telling me a pack of lies ?

appreciate any help on this please

as far as i know.......

182 1998 cc 178 PS (131 kW; 176 bhp) 139 mph (224 km/h) 7.1 sec 161.46 bhp/tonne

AB Clio 182 FF
155 lb/ft ;) Not n/m

At 167, I'd say it's below average, nothing a good service can't sort though.

I only had it serviced last week :( the best results out of the 3 runs was motor power: 167.6 hp , wheell power: 146.6 hp , eng,torque: 189.2 n/m @5545 rpm

AB Clio 182 FF
Changed spark plugs?

Yeah mate he did them , a bit disappointed with the results tbh

an since he put it on the rolling road it dont feel right , seems to hold back a bit in 2nd in between 3000-5000 rpm n i swear i was hearing strange noises :(

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Wow! My williams with more than 300.000 km has more then that:eek:

In the Netherlands was someone who had the same issue. Cambelt was off time...

AB Clio 182 FF
Who changed the cambelt?

If the engine wasn't timed up properly then that will cause 10-15hp losses.

My last car had the issue.

Nt sure mate only had the car a month , how much would a garage charge me to check the timing ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well if it was me I wouldn't just take it anywhere.

It needs someone who knows what they're doing to do it properly. Search the traders section on here to find one local to you. (If it was my car, either Fred BTM, Danny 519 or Birchdown.)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
If the cam timing was out it should show up on the rr, the power figures and torque would be all over the place

Erm... not always! My timing was out but on the rr it looked fine but I was still about 10bhp down on power! Its the k&n filter an open cone or its it in the original air box? If its one of them stupid cone filers change it! Might sound ok but the amount of heat soak you will get will affect power.

Erm... not always! My timing was out but on the rr it looked fine but I was still about 10bhp down on power! Its the k&n filter an open cone or its it in the original air box? If its one of them stupid cone filers change it! Might sound ok but the amount of heat soak you will get will affect power.

Surprised a 10bhp loss on a timing issue never shown up, but like I said in m previous post it should show up but like you found out not always

53 Clio's & counting
146 atw isnt too bad for a 182 - maybe a few low but id say thats ok - ignore the flywheel readings as they are only an estimate mate

AB Clio 182 FF

Yh its just a cone mate, should i get an original air box an panel filter , or should i get a closed induction kit ?

The K&N cone will almost certainly be losing you power. Get a standard airbox back on there, it's the best thing for it.

Doesnt sound bad atall mate. Mine made 162bhp completly standard, running w**k petrol, nackered Lambda and with a nackered standard exhaust...

Anything from the high 160's to mid 170's is average for a 182...

RS 182 CUP
check your spark plugs are in correctly/ tight enough. gives off a strange noise when ones loose just ask "juude"!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Read the the inbetween standard and yozza.....

Engine is standard, the exhaust system isn't :p

Btw, yozza ftmfw.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
alright, how is a yozza, panel filter, samco induction bend and a remap standard?

do explain?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Engine mods, matched inlet's, induction, cams etc are serious power mods that normally see people to 180bhp and beyond.

I've got 180 with a few breathing mods and a generic map. Hardly highly modded is it? Considering 90% of Cs run this set up, even matt at tdf said they'd expect to see it just about make 170ish. The LY 182 only made 7bhp more than me with cams and a live map.

But it ran 180.

They were suprised.

I was suprised.

We were all suprised.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They may have been suprised but i'm confused...

Exhaust, filter and remap and your cars standard? lol.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
They may have been suprised but i'm confused...

Exhaust, filter and remap and your cars standard? lol.

Standard bar.... Does everyone have selective reading skills?

Edit: my car is actually highly modified and highly strung engine, come on guys seriously consider a few breathing mods anything more than tinkered with?

Standard bar.... Does everyone have selective reading skills?

Edit: my car is actually highly modified and highly strung engine, come on guys seriously consider a few breathing mods anything more than tinkered with?

Standard = no modifications, factory spec
Modified = anything which replaces oem equipment which increases performance

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Gouldy i didnt say it was 100% standard, i said standard bar,implying the only modifications are the following:.....

Ie i have not got anything else, like cams a live map, matched inlets, v6 airbox, CAF, 182 mani. Oh and I even run my car on ghetto fuel :p

I am in no way trying to contest my car is a 100% standard car, far from it, i tell my insurance company it's modified so why should i tell cs any differant?

Back on topic please gents this thread is asking what power you cars are making and what the op's should be making