ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you paying for insurance ?

Iceberg 172
2004 172 ff
8 years NCD
£393 fully comp with Sheilas Wheels

Before i got my 172 i had just written off my previous car which was my fault so i'm paying the price of having to declare it to insurance companies when getting an quote

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just been Quoted using Tesco's Value Insurance - £523 Fully Comp - 4 Years NCD and I'm 22 with No Convictions - Free karcher Pressure washer aswell :D

Works...kind of...
Clio 1.2
3 years NCB
No convictions or claims
All mods declared with unlimited non-performance mods at no extra cost.

£270.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
£680 with Greenlight. 24 years old, 2yrs NCB.
Mods declared&covered: Eibach Sportlines and BMC CDA
Postcode rating F as per earlier list.

80MPG BEEZA
adrian flux seem to have really good prices, are you a long term customer to them 2thumbs?

i find that after being with them 3 years, they have an unbeatable price guarantee, i phone up at renewal time say i got a qoute from "joe blogs" out of the back of max power for £150 less and bang! my renewal price has just dropped £150 brilliant

i was going to say i got a qoute of 2p but then thought better of it

adrian flux seem to have really good prices, are you a long term customer to them 2thumbs?

i find that after being with them 3 years, they have an unbeatable price guarantee, i phone up at renewal time say i got a qoute from "joe blogs" out of the back of max power for £150 less and bang! my renewal price has just dropped £150 brilliant

i was going to say i got a qoute of 2p but then thought better of it

Adrian Flux were quite expensive for me :(

Direct Line was the cheapest for me and one older named driver but want £34 more if i want to protect my no claims bonus (that'll be it up to £338) :(

Is it worth it ? :S

And Tesco was the cheapest when i added the bird on (who's only 21) it went up to £400 and something :(

f**king daylight Robbery :lolup:

But hey i guess whats cheap for one may not be for another :S

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2
Never knew “suck it was a currency” hutchie, learn something new everyday. To be 200 quid at your age you must live in the Upper Hebrides as a named driver with 5k excess and up to 100 miles per annum. Somehow your price seems just to low lol!!

Works...kind of...

Nope, was my first policy with them.

I was going to go with Quinn at £380. People were telling me that AF are too expensive and not worth bothering with. I thought what the hell, and it turned out to be worth the phone call. ;)

Guy was very informative, helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for better. (same applies with More Than who I was with the year just gone)

The women at Quinn sounded like I'd just shat on her cornflakes!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Does anyone know just how much of an effect living in Manchester has on an insurance quote? Just been discussing this with Scott7912.

For me to insure an X-Reg 172 I can't find a quote for less than £3,000 and yet with the same details he can get it for under £1,000, living in Newcastle. Is that purely because of postcodes?

I'm 20 and have been driving since late November 06. Been with Tesco since April 06, no crashes or criminal record. It's the only thing stopping me from getting a 172 instead of 1.6ltr (which is £1,200 insured).

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
Try swiftcover mate

i'm 23, 4NCB, 1 traffic light offence!! one named driver, fully comp £254 :)

ti's 1.6 tho... and apparently ins band B :)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Just renewed mine this morning with Privilege.

£625.80 fully comp on a Clio 182 Cup

I am 23 and thats with 5 years protected no claims, legal cover and hire car. Really pleased with that as I couldn't find it any cheaper :)

Renault
ive been looking at clios for a bit now (172s).... and really considering buying one (sorry this is my first post).

I'm 21, 22 in 10 days, 3 yrs NCB, no accidents or points, and I can't get a FC quote under a grand and a half - my post code is rated B which is good.

I currently pay £430 on a 1.6 16v megane (which is now dead, hence me considering a change)

What the hell is happening with my quotes, as the figures I'm getting are outrageous.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
go to greenlight insurance mate im 21 1 yrs ncb and my insurance is 900 fully comp with track cover

05 182 clio arctic blue
im 22 with 4 years NCB,iv searched and searched for cheap insurance (fully comp) on a 182,got offered 2600 from my old insurers,norwich union laffed at me and sed cum bak wen ur 25,got a few 3000 offers:eek: finally got a 1000 offer from tesco,then off confused.com got 850 from tesco value,next day i went straight to tesco website and got offered 643 with tesco value online!im still stunned lol.

im 22 with 4 years NCB,iv searched and searched for cheap insurance (fully comp) on a 182,got offered 2600 from my old insurers,norwich union laffed at me and sed cum bak wen ur 25,got a few 3000 offers:eek: finally got a 1000 offer from tesco,then off confused.com got 850 from tesco value,next day i went straight to tesco website and got offered 643 with tesco value online!im still stunned lol.

Tell me about it.

It pays to shop around ;)

Do you live in a high risk area or something ?

Or is i just your age ?

05 182 clio arctic blue
ye well probably the highest risk area in the country,middlesbrough:eek: .we got the highest car crime in the uk and recently voted the worst place in britain,so something to be proud of then:)

clio mk2 ph1 1.6 rxe
clio 1.6 rxe mk2 ph1

510 with swiftcover:fully comp yes in oldham lol

i.c.e covered
rims covered
exsaust covered
everything delcaired etc

24 with 2 years ncb and a clean licence

Da

Less
Erm about £450 I think, FC aged 27 with 6 years NCB.

That's with Privilege complete with guaranteed hire car, legal cover etc etc...

White Sti Hatch
19, Male, 1 NCB, 3Points, 2 years driving, Mk3 1.6 Coils Declaird £780 Fully Comp Elephant

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
18, sdp+commuting+business(3k p/a) overall 9k p/a, passed in jan this year, with pass plus, renewal quote this time round is £1685