ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHAT ARE THE BEST TYRE ON 182 CUP??

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hi, just a quickie, what do people reckon are the best tyres to put on the front of my 182 cup? They are standard size - 205/45/16.
What are the best for grip in wet and dry??

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hi, yeah i completely forgot about the good old PS3, not cheap though, that the only downside but thanks :)

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Cheers for that, I have read about the Pirelli Pzero, like the Michellin PS3 are about the best, just wondering of any other makes that are slightly cheaper??:p

M2 Comp
I have the Pirelli PZero Nero's all-round and have found them to be brilliant. I paid around £98/corner through Black Circles, which included fitting.

I quite fancy trying the PS3's next though.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
if you go cheap get hankook v12's or rainsport 2's. toyo t1r is a good option but they last literally like 4k when driven reasonably hard

I'm running the Hankooks after my PES's ran out...

They have a softer tyre wall so the car feels like it's 'sinking' at first when your cornering reasonably hard. I got used to it in time however.

Still a very capable tyre.

Continental Contisports ..... just to throw another good tyre into the mix

but whats good ?

cheapest ?

longest lasting ?

best grip ?

lasts on track days?

there are so many things related to use and how you drive its hard to actually say one is better than another from the top brands ,and tyre tests are always tricky to actually work out where there is an overall advantage from the big boys .

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Goodyear F1 GSD3's are just short of £80 on camskill and you get a tenner back in fuel too, so £70 per tyre.

I had them on my first 182, great grip in all conditions and they last for a long time.

CLIO 172
Mich are great all round, but you get what you pay for.. Hankook are Mid range tyres. Why do people want to pay budget money and think they are putting a great tyre on the car?
Common sense, renault built the car with a mix of conti, mich, and Pirelli . These are the tyres to buy if you have a daily driver if not then softer Yoko AD08's or Toyo R888's are the next step up for fast road (DRY) conditions.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I found the p-zero's a bit crap on the front as well when driving it hard. On V12's at the mo, equally as s**t if not worse imo. Im trying RS2's next...

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
People who find the Pzeros crap when driving hard are either driving stupidly or there cars had issues in my eyes.

I properly hammered mine on the road for around 12-14k on the front and done 16 1/4 runs at a drag day with them and they were absolutely superb.

Only reason I don't run them now is because they aren't available in 195/50/15 :(.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
People who find the Pzeros crap when driving hard are either driving stupidly or there cars had issues in my eyes.

I properly hammered mine on the road for around 12-14k on the front and done 16 1/4 runs at a drag day with them and they were absolutely superb.

Only reason I don't run them now is because they aren't available in 195/50/15 :(.

I find they don't hold when going around sharp corners (I,e a short/hard 90 degree corner at anything over 40mph). They also don't perform well off the line.

RB 182 195bhp
Toyo t1r's on mine, they are pretty decent to be fair, and didn't cost the world either

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm with Lal B3N on this. Anyone who is struggling with the performance of P-Zeros must either have something wrong with their car, or drive like a lunatic / can't control the throttle. Any tyre pushed hard enough will lose traction, but i'd say thats more about driver skill than the limits of the tyre!

I did 3 track days and 12k on my P-Zeros before the outer edge became illegal. I've just put another set on as I was so impressed. Seem to be cornering fine here ;)

Llandow_4_zps40e02a48.jpg

320d
I've got PZero Neros all around on my 182. Best tyre I've ever used. The all weather grip is great. They really really cling on in the wet. I had no problem on snow with them.

If you are breaching the grip available in the dry from them on the road then you must be driving dangerously. There is loads to play with.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Checkout Kumho Ecsta KU39's.

Ive got 4 of em all round mine in the size you want and I really rate them, especially for the money at around £75 a corner.

They're Kumho's performance tyre and successor to the KU31 which were fab.

Passat
I've got PZero Neros all around on my 182. Best tyre I've ever used. The all weather grip is great. They really really cling on in the wet. I had no problem on snow with them.

If you are breaching the grip available in the dry from them on the road then you must be driving dangerously. There is loads to play with.

I changed my winter tyres a few weeks too early and had my P Zeros on in the snow. They were f**king useless. A great tyre but I couldn't run them all year in my neck of the woods.

182 Trophy
After having to replace the Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 the trophy was still hanging on to I have 2 x front Pilot Sport 3. Went with the higher speed rating XL version to avoid the "squidgy" feeling some have had.

Yet to be fitted but hopefully I will be pleased

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hi guys and not forgetting gals, thanks for all your comments. I will check, Black cirlces and Camskills!! Any more ideas, keep them coming... oh and thanks buddy to your 'round and made of rubber comment:p!!!'lol

WRX
PZeroNero here too. To get the best out of them, you do have to play with tyre pressures though. Use them on road and track. And to quote somebody I walked past at Mallory Park last Saturday "That black Clio with the BTM sticker is f**king flying" lol. I was keeping up with a Nissan GtiR on 888s, Impreza was getting smaller in the mirror etc. and I'm no race driver.

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
From my own personal experience . I found the Toyo T1-R's utter shite in the wet , that was on my 172 . Continentals were good but didn't last . On my 182 Michelin PE2's were excellent in the dry and wet but only last about 8k miles . I'm now on my 2nd set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's , brilliant tyre in both the wet and dry and lasted longer than any other tyre i've had on a 1*2 , i got 12k out of a set . Bearing in mind we live in a wet climate , that's the tyre i would go for . About £75 a corner fitted last time i bought some in January .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Conti sport 3 I found very good. Have rainsports atm, must say slightly disappointed so far!
The tyre walls are a bit softer on the Rainsports . I found running them at 36psi on the front made a big difference .