ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What amp Mr Evil

I know you seem to get bombarded with questions but you know what youre on about. I have Infinity Kappa 50.1 in the front running off the H/U, Phillips GTM 6935 6x9s also running off the H/U and a magnat 1200 sub running off a poo amp in the boot [as I am slowly upgrading]. Can I run everything off one amp or should I leave the fronts running off the H/U. What amp do you recommend, I am not after anything to win me sound comps so am on a bit of a budget but want to improve the quality a bit, so the cheapest amp you can recommend to do the job really. And one last question, I know the Philips are good speakers and would like to keep them but there seems to be a vendetta against 6x9s, would I be better off boxing them in or getting rid ?

Thanks a lot.

Right ok. First things first. You could box the 6x9s in and leave them running off the headunit for now just for rear fill. or you could ditch them altogether and run your standard rear speakers or nothing at all.

For an amp I would highly recommend the Rockford Fosgate 500X 4 channel as they are on special offer at the moment for £175. That amp will actually power the whole of your system and you could run the 6x9s off it too if you wish. The only snag there is that you wont be able to fade from front to rear if you put the 6x9s on as they will be running off the same 2 channels as the fronts.

Those amps wont be available for much longer though unfortunately as they have stopped making them and there is only limited stock left in the country.

Hope that helps

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Not at all. There are loads of other options out there that will do the job but it just happens that the Rockford is the best value 4 channel amp that we have at the moment. Obviously most people are working to a budget and want to get the most they can for their cash.

Im sure you would be hard pushed to find a 4 channel amp with over 600watts RMS for £175.

If he (or anyone else for that matter) wanted a price or opinion on another amp then thats ok by me.

Russ

Hi,

Thanks guys, was just trying to hear a few options. As I said, Im not after winning SPLs or anything and dont want to sound like a cheap skate but £175 quid isnt really my budget range [house, girlfriend, holiday !!]. Have seen a Mac attack 4 ch amp, 4x60w RMS for a 100 quid, now I know its not as good a quality as the Rockford or as powerful but for the money is it any good ? Its bound to be better than the amp I have and so will improve the sound quality which is what Im after.

Thanks again.