ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What am I ....Missing?

Ph2 172
Hi

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to get the engine management light to stay off.
I've had two code readers of it, and they both say 'Random/Multiple cylinder misfire'. Put it this way. If there actually is a misfire, it's very minor and I can't hear or feel it.
The light comes on when the engine is warm and idling, which its at ~600 RPM?

So far, I've tried the following:
-Changed Coilpack
-Changed TDC sensor
-Checked for oil in the spark-plug wells
-Checked spark plugs (they're about 2 years old and still look quite new)
-Checked voltage from lamda is okish
-WD40 everywhere
-Redex
-Cleaning the car (trying to appease it)

I've also unplugged HT leads and injectors 1 by 1 to see if any where NOT effecting the idle (all make the car turn into a subaru).
Next up I've thought about changing the HT leads or perhaps organising a séance!

PS: The light might come on less if I've running on better fuel (Shell, BP, not tesco).

Thanks for your help.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would change leads and then the Injector as this is normally the culprit.

I had this problem for over a year before i changed all 4 injectors and it was perfect.
You can buy them new for around £38 from eBay.

Ph2 172
Thanks for the replies.
Cheapy obd reader and a snapon one at the local garage.

I was going with the approach of 2 readers giving the same result meant that it was correct.
You're right tough. A clip would be better.

dan's cast offs.
even snap on is hit and miss to say the least.

what was lambda voltage and at what coolant temp?

Ph2 172
It was all the voltages lol.

I checked the live data. Once it was up to temp it jumped about. MPG is ~40 so I think it's ok.
The other one (post cat?) was steady but I cant remember the voltage. I didn't know if that one mattered?