ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s the top speed of your Clio

What has been your most impressive speed ever in your Clio?Where did you perform such an amazing speed?Who were you racing at the time?(Type of car)Discuss all here

[Edited by James on 7/27/2004 5:57:18 PM] Couldnt read it.

hahaha i got my mk1 1.2 to show about 105 down a hill on the m62 on saturday nite.

however it struggles to do the ton on a flat

and also, the speedo was probably that far out i was doin no more than 95

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Bout !30,at about 2am in the morning, on a nice A-road.Following on the boot of a cooper-s.I dont think I could have bin that far off the limiter.

Da

Less

!20 on M62 few weeks back now, in my lil 1.2 Authentique!!!! Not racing, just pushing the limits!! ;)

2004 Racing Blue 182

i did 140 nearly on the limiter in my old ph1 valver on the way back from blackpool racin a corsa GSi which i had left a fair way behind, didnt realise i was doin it till my mate told me to back off!!!

-->NV

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

126mph in my 1.4 on the M4 trying to catch up with the convoy. Only done that once and cant get above 122mph, but cant say Ive tried for a while! Petrol prices :mad:!!!

Also, other speeds which Ive managed personally:
-112 in a 1.0 52reg Corsa curtesy car on the M6
-115 in 3rd gear in my mums galant estate :devilish: on some dual carriageway
-133 in my dads 330i estate on the A470, which was f**king stupid, end of.
(oh and 117 in my old 1.4 306, running on optimax ;))

[Edited by S2 PTH on 27 July 2004 at 5:57pm]

i had my valver up to 110 today,but thats all iv pushed it.

when i had my scooby i had it showing 161 on the speedo taking on an r1 which then left me making me feel v silly lol

K20 EG Hatch

122ish with a pic to prove on me phone!!

on the m6 toll, probly more like 110 though when you take into consideration bout ya speedo bein out etc...

ph3 RT 126mph racing Martin. on the way back from cliosport meet lol

fastest ive been is 147mph in my brothers VW Corrado G60, still pulling as well only reason i backed off cuz i started sh*tting myself, then i gave him the car back 4 days later the engine blew :(

car? need a license 1st!

129mph in my mk1 ph1 clio 1.4S, chasing my mates mk1 ph3 clio 1.4S Maxim, on the m65 just past blackburn.. coming back from bolton cruise

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by Chewy on 27 July 2004

129mph in my mk1 ph1 clio 1.4S, chasing my mates mk1 ph3 clio 1.4S Maxim, on the m65 just past blackburn.. coming back from bolton cruise
if i speed its always on this section of motorway I do it,heading towards Nelson;)

A slow one :-(

I must have a sh*t 1.4 as all i can get out of it is !05 maybe more if i could be bothered to take the time!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

just under !40 with some revs left. this was reading the speedo though so bound to be inaccurate.

500bhp Scoob

id like to know how the mk1 ph3 owner got over 120 out of his, them things have got power steering on em, so thats 5 less break, u running nos or summit lol.

Mine struggles after 100 to get anywhere, but give it time and itll clime, wouldnt shift after 119 (on the gps), dials were totally out of it thou, reading well inaccurate

BMW 320d Sport

145 mph on the autobahn on the way to the Nurburgring last year. And thats a 100% REAL time, measured with GPS - the speedo was showing 140mph which is a genuine 145 because of my longer gearing (Williams box and 17" rims).

Im aiming for 150mph this year LOL

126 mph in my 1.6 s.i on the sleaford bypass one sunday afternoon on my way to lincoln.

I reckon it would have gone faster cos me foot was only halfway down on the pedal, but i was running out of road.

dunno, but it was well off the clock... (using a big hill on M62 near Saddleworth) but then again it will do 137 in 4th...