ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wet track tyres (advice wanted from track users)

right iv searched endlessly and theres that many opinions its unbelievable, i just wanted to narrow the search down slightly...

what are the best tyres (in your opinion) to use in the wet on track...im not bothered what they're like in the dry at all, any help would be great.

reason i ask is because i blame the toyo proxes for my crash at oulton park.

Lionel Richie
speak to evogone, what size?? proper wets you're talking £100+ per tyre

michelin P2 i think was what i used

protyre in stoke on trent are the boys you need to speak to

Last edited:
15 '' when you say proper wets, what do you mean i assumed 'wet' tyres were tyres which work better in the wet but it sounds a tad more complicated than that??

thanks for info so far tho lads

"Wet" track tyres are tyres designed to work well in the wet but they will get very hot very quickly in the dry as they need the water to keep them within their operating temperature, therefore you will kill them if it's too dry.

If you just want a good road tyre that's ace in the wet then you'd need to look at tyres specifically designed to be good in the wet - uniroyal rainsport? Eagle F1?

I'm sure Fred will say different though lol

Lionel Richie
as in wet weather racing tyres!

road tyres suck in the wet, egale F1's especially! Toyo T1-R's at around 20psi work well though!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
We didnt have a spare set of tyres for the wet so we used Parada Spec 2's in the wet at croft. To be honest it wasnt that bad, althought i did go off i found them predictable (constant lack of grip not just grip grip grip nothing).