ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WET BOOT !!

182 ff
hi there can anyone help me havent used the car for about 4 months, just sits at home due to company car, and now the boot carpet is soaking and leaving a horrible smell.

has anyone else had this fault ? is it a cheap fix ?
any help would be greatfull

mark

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Should be easy to get a replacement carpet. Its probably got soaked due to not moving and the rain water building up

182 ff
Should be easy to get a replacement carpet. Its probably got soaked due to not moving and the rain water building up

hmmmm not so sure austin ? have a few people on here offered me new carpets so not a major issue, just want to know what the main cause was

182 ff
Could be the little grommit where the bump stop of the boot lid meets the shell.
Its just to the inside of the light cluster on either side.

had a look at them james there about 25mm in size ? just behind the lights yea ?? they both seem fine

172 RaceCar, VW-T5
first post on these forums (about time really, been lurking for ages)

When I first got my 172 my spare wheel well was full of water, it turned out to be the rear windscreen washer feed coming free behind the passenger side boot scuttle panel. might be worth a check?

Audi A3
put talc down on the shell and you will see where it's coming from.

mine was the grommets and i sealed those up and that cured that problem

FF Racing Blue 182
i have same problem and also back passenger foot well gets wet not had time to look but i think it could be the light cluster it mists up when wet

FF Racing Blue 182
is this the norm do all clios leak after looking around today i couldnt find the source of my leak but i know its from the back as i lifted up th seats i found a puddle

so now im going to strip the back out is there a guide for this im going to start from the boot ill find it if it kills me

LY R26
Hope its cured your leak mate, i've got the same. Leaks like mad into the spare wheel well and fookin stinks like stale ass if i dont keep on top of mopping it up.

Ph2 172 Black Pearl
There is a thread on here somewhere (there are loads on water leaks I know) with photos that helped me sort my car out. Unfortunately I can't find it now for the life of me!

Anyhow I had exactly the same problem. I went through the whole sealing the 'plastic buttons' (the tailgate rubber bump stops shut against them) with silicone to no avail, alomg withe checking the lights were in properly, everything. Eventually I stripped all the trim out and discovered that it was getting in where two seams meet inside the rear n/s wing (a bit difficult to explain without pics I know).

The thread I now can't find with the identical symptoms showed that the water was getting in through a pinprick hole under the roof rail trim (run along either side just behind the door). I prised the trim panel off on both sides - i did so carefully and they just popped off, couldn't see anything obvious but siliconed all around the seam there between the side panel and the roof. The upshot is that cured the leak 100% and I had been getting it pouring in.

Hope that helps.

Iceberg 172
i have the same problem i sealed the gromets by the lights no problem thats where most of the water was getting in. But my car has been drying out for the past few days but yesterday we had quite abit of rain and my boot is wet again. This leak seams to be coming from above these gromets?? as the was a little trickle of water from above any ideas?

FF Racing Blue 182
the 2 gromits are beside the lights cant miss them

have you tried searching smarty sorry i cant help more

Iceberg 172
the 2 gromits are beside the lights cant miss them

have you tried searching smarty sorry i cant help more

yes mate i have but didnt find anyhing other than the gromets. although i think it is coming in from the blanking strips so i need some dry weather to seal this up.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I'm also hunting down a leak in my boot. I found an unsealed hole below the floor and bought a grommet to seal it up. Next step is stripping the boot to see if I can find anything and get out the bathroom sealant!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
i hav water in my well too anyone got any pics? grommits and such thanks
BLACKGROMMETPIC.jpg