ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet boot 182

Clio 182
The rear right of my boot is leaking quite a lot of water in heavy rain after doing a search on here I tried resealing the light unit but it's still doing it is there anywhere we where it can come in?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
if you find out let me know mate lol......... I have tried everything and with being full track with no interior you'd have thought it would be easier to see and stop!, but it still lets it in!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Open the boot .. There'll be two black gromits about 20mm dia. one per sidewhere the bump stops touch.

If they spin.. Or even if they don't.. Take them out, put silicone/sikaflex or something like that around the hole and then put them back in.

This solved my issue 100% .. The spare wheel well had about 4" of water in it when I bought the car.

If you pull back the material that covers the inside of where that gromit goes through the bodywork, you'll probably see a dirty line where the water has been trickling....

Clio 182
Open the boot .. There'll be two black gromits about 20mm dia. one per sidewhere the bump stops touch.

If they spin.. Or even if they don't.. Take them out, put silicone/sikaflex or something like that around the hole and then put them back in.

This solved my issue 100% .. The spare wheel well had about 4" of water in it when I bought the car.

If you pull back the material that covers the inside of where that gromit goes through the bodywork, you'll probably see a dirty line where the water has been trickling....

I'm not sure this applies to the 18. I have attached a picture of the boot floor and I can see no black grommits.

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 375