ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet and dry

Someone posted a wet and dry guide in the past, but it was a bit long winded.

Can someone give me a few basic steps on how to do it and what to use, please? Pics would be cool also.

Purchased some 1500 grit from halfords today.

Thanks

Did you use all the steps on the above link?

I just have a couple little stone chips I need to take care off.

106 GTi
Build up the layers of paint over few days till it gets level. Nice and thin, don't go mad and do it too quickly.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used 2000 grit wet n dry , build the paint up with a cocktail stick so its slightly proud then rub it down so its level , let the wet n dry do the work , no need to apply lots of pressure , then megs scratch X to polish it up afterwards .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try and keep the area you wet n dry minimal , obviously if the area to sand is only very small i.e. a small stone chip the surrounding area will be sanded as well . Patience is the key word when layering the paint and sanding .I'd leave it a couple of days after touching up before sanding .