ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welsh karting meet - February - cancelled.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Evening all!

Following on from the success of last Saturdays karting meet, the welsh weather being cold and wet for the next few months and the fact we've now been given 25% off another event courtesy of Supakart....who's up for more touring car style madness? £30.75 instead of £41

This will be held on Saturday the 28th of Feb 2015. Same deal as last time £15 deposit (non transferable or refundable) to be paid via eotl.promo@gmail.com - the remainding £15.75 to be paid on the day. If we get more numbers than last time then we will do a different style of race.

I'll start the attending list off...please add yourself once you have paid your deposit.

1. Filters - :stig:

Last edited:
  clio 182 trophy
I am expecting my baby jan 2nd so is it fair on the mrs for me to go out for the afternoon?lol.
I'm def up for it again if so!:smile:
@Filters hows the video coming along?
Oh and i'm having you next time!:wink:

Looking....
I am expecting my baby jan 2nd so is it fair on the mrs for me to go out for the afternoon?lol.
I'm def up for it again if so!:smile:
@Filters hows the video coming along?
Oh and i'm having you next time!:wink:

Oh so after last April's meet, your Mrs was so pi**ed off you had been out all day playing with those silly boys and their Clio's you had some making up to do? 9 months later.....:wink:
Congratulations fells, do you know what your having?

As for karting on the 28th i will check what i am working after the Christmas break.

clio 182 trophy
Oh so after last April's meet, your Mrs was so pi**ed off you had been out all day playing with those silly boys and their Clio's you had some making up to do? 9 months later.....:wink:
Congratulations fells, do you know what your having?

As for karting on the 28th i will check what i am working after the Christmas break.
Haha! Thanks very much mate! Nah left it as a surprise. How you keeping? Still got that epic road to work? Hell of a road to finish the day off that was!
Is that date the Wales international game?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Offers there for £5 train tickets if your traveling with me too btw.

I know people like to show off their cars too but its a lot cheaper on the train, and it ain't that bad

clio 182 trophy
No idea chap. Round 2 of The CS-KCC is more important than rugby let's be honest :smile:

I'm going to look in to getting some different prizes this time. And just so no one forgets who's the current reigning champion.......View attachment 118866
I need to know where you get the exrta 0.3 seconds from!lol. For now, i bow down to you sir!lol
Change that to 0.27 seconds!:stig:

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I can't even recall that @Filters was that at the top before the chicane? I'll have to watch the whole video to see what happened, to be honest I didn't see much of you as you was gone only time i caught you and past you was near the chicane when you was already in the barrier after being taken out by someone else. I don't deliberately ram into people just to get past them i do however give some rear bumper nudges only to let people know that i'm ready to pounce if they f**k up:tongueout:.

I'm up for karting mayhem session 2 :cool:.

As for my footage i have cached them and put them in order it's just editing the colour and other bits in between, i'm hoping that it will be done by the end of the wee. I'm not looking forward to uploading the footage to YouTube.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I can't even recall that @Filters was that at the top before the chicane? I'll have to watch the whole video to see what happened, to be honest I didn't see much of you as you was gone only time i caught you and past you was near the chicane when you was already in the barrier after being taken out by someone else. I don't deliberately ram into people just to get past them i do however give some rear bumper nudges only to let people know that i'm ready to pounce if they f**k up:tongueout:.

I'm up for karting mayhem session 2 :cool:.

As for my footage i have cached them and put them in order it's just editing the colour and other bits in between, i'm hoping that it will be done by the end of the wee. I'm not looking forward to uploading the footage to YouTube.
Yuuuup last corner before the chicain you gave me a good tap towards the barrier to get passed which you succeeded in..... so you got a better tap back underneath on the hairpin :smile: 100% justified BTCC style goodness!

Last edited:
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah i can defiantly remember the total wipe out underneath by the hairpin i swear i suffered a case of whiplash it was that brutal haha. Thinking back long and hard i still can't recall taking you out if so then it was 100% justified so fair game.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I'm wondering if this idea of mine could be a option here now we have the 25% discount guys now it's only £30.76 instead of £41 would everyone be up for paying the extra £6 each to have the outside part open?. Being February and usual Wales no doubt it will still be moist so some good 4wheel drifting could be had with the potential extra carnage too :tongueout:.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm wondering if this idea of mine could be a option here now we have the 25% discount guys now it's only £30.76 instead of £41 would everyone be up for paying the extra £6 each to have the outside part open?. Being February and usual Wales no doubt it will still be moist so some good 4wheel drifting could be had with the potential extra carnage too :tongueout:.

I think with it being winter chap we'd be running a risk there. Considering they don't do refunds it could be an expense paid for nothing. We'll save that for the third round of CSKCC!!

Last edited:
  clio 182 trophy
Just watched it all. Flol at the marshall. You turn around and he has no helmet on giving it large!haha. Couldn't tell who was who. You drove well mate fair play! What can we do next time to make everyone recognisable?

Feels so fast around that tight track in real life, looks kinda slow on video though! Lol

Might look at getting a go pro for next meet. Maybe I'll try chest mount. Those go karts don't half rattle your head around!

clio 182 trophy
Feels so fast around that tight track in real life, looks kinda slow on video though! Lol

Might look at getting a go pro for next meet. Maybe I'll try chest mount. Those go karts don't half rattle your head around!
On some laps on the video it looks rapid like the right turn going up the ramp. Dive in at the apex and the kart flies out!lol. LSD?lol.
I really want to have a cam too but funds won't allow atm.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Cheers guys, yeah there was defiantly funny bits and glad the night was recorded and not just a vague memory to be forgotten about.
As for using a chest mount dan I wouldn't bother mate, the go pro have a wide record angle so would record the steering column steering wheel more than what's going on in front.

As for making people more recognisable which is a good idea could we have a piece of paper with names on them that's attached to seat or back of the race suits?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You see everyone's head, not so much the arms lol.

I'm sure they won't mind us putting some stickers on their helmets for a race.

M4d m4x doesn't need one #becausestig
Those with their own helmets don't need one
Only a handful left