ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well, that's my weekend sorted...

Clio 182
Image045.jpg

Image046.jpg

Splitter, check.
Self tapping screws, check.
Plastic primier, check.
Alien Green rattle, check.
Matt Black engine paint, check (ala Robbos 'bay, but with a difference).

Everything all came to under £30. Cheap way to a very different car come Sunday :D

I got a bit excited and sprayed the Splitter box lol...

Image047.jpg

Image048.jpg

I'll update this thread was everything is done :D

Clio 182
matt black manifold with AG engine cover?

Almost.

Matt black manifold with AG lettering. I've ditched me engine cover ;)

Also re-doing me badges, including diamonds, AG as I'm bored with anthracite :D

If it looks gash, meh, spray them back anthracite! At the minute, just looks dull and is over done now.

Clio 182
No pics as such, just a little update and I'm a grade A c**k :D. I snapped the 'RENAULT' badge when sanding off the old paint LOL. Stupid brittle crap plastic!

So, I have four choices.

1. New badge (fook that, though I love the new RS design)
2. Keep the 'SPORT' as is
3. Shift the 'SPORT' to underneith 'CLIO'
4. Just ditch both parts and only have 'CLIO'

Anyways, that's 3x coats of plastic primer done. Over night to dry, wet sand first thing tomorrow morning and on with the first coat of AG.

Oh, and then dismantle engine time :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
sport under the clio badge looks terrible, sport where it is without renault looks equally as bad, new style RS badge looks spot on thats my old one (rubbish pic but gives you an idea)...
551792910a11873444729o.jpg

Clio 182
I've ditched the 'SPORT', so I'm either going to have a blank or I'll purchase the new style RS badge.

Clio 182
Nice one. Link to the place you bought the matt engine paint from?

Click 'Robbo' in me first post. But to answer your question, pop into Halfrauds and it's a small redish tin called VHT Matt Black.

Anyways, little update, splitter fitted...

Image049.jpg

Image054.jpg

Image055.jpg

Exhuast wonk fixed, many thanks for the zip/cable tie trick...

Image052.jpg

Image053.jpg

Engine bits painted, don't worry about the shoddy finish to the plenum. Only used the VHT as a 'primer'...

Image050.jpg

Badges after a third coat, the 'SPORT' is in the bin. May use the KTR sticker in it's place until I buy a new RS badge...

Image051.jpg

I've also sprayed the plenum in AG now and it looks, well, green!! Can't wait to unpeel all the masking tape to see how it looks :D

Anyways, I'll update once all the bits are fitted :approve:

White APE
Could be good. Following on from another thread on here the other day, i too painted my engine matt black and polished the lettering the other day.

Chris, the paint is just VHT paint from Halfrauds. Think it was £5.99

Clio 182
what exhaust make is that?

KTR Silenced Ultra Performance :approve:

It is VERY quiet, I love it.

Could be good. Following on from another thread on here the other day, i too painted my engine matt black and polished the lettering the other day.

I know, I'm nervously excited haha!

Yea Robbo's thread is where I yoinked the idea, but took a twist on it! I did try to bluetac out all the lettering to just spray the individual letters, but it was a right old mess!! So just sprayed the whole 'upper' upper part of the plenum. Should still look ok, but not what I wanted.

White APE
LOL he's setting a trend then. Been thinking about introducing another colour to mine (silver same as yours) and did like the look of the green banding on the black oz f1's.

Intrested to see how AG turns out up against the titanium.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Was planning on doing the spare set of diamonds and side bullets AG over the summer, so was excited to see what it was going to look like, (was hoping you had a black car)

Dont think it will look to great on silver tbh, silver + bright colours dont work for me.

Clio 182
LOL!! Only drugs I've been taking is coffee and lots of it!!

As I said on RSUK, if an AG can have silver badges, why can't a Titanium 182 have AG badges? I thinks it's will look ok-ish against the Titanium, it's just the green against the anthracite alloys I'm kinda worried about...

Clio 182
Few more teaser pics!

Plenum...

Image0441.jpg

Front diamond...

Image0451.jpg

Image0461.jpg

Alloy centre caps...

Image0471.jpg

Please excuse the roughness of the finish on the diamonds, they need to wetsanded and then lacquered. Then plenum though, that's it finished. So will be fitting that tomorrow when once the paint has fully dried.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Looks good against the anthracite, not so sure against the titanium though. The Inlet will look good though.

Clio 182
Looks good against the anthracite, not so sure against the titanium though. The Inlet will look good though.

See, I'm the other way round.

I thinks it looks better against the lighter Titanium. Not too sure on the anthracite..., sure it will look ok when the bullets are fitted and it all links in. On there own, hmm :S

Cheers though :)

Clio 182
I like it! Quite like AG! :) Get the rest of the finished pics up! :)

Cheers Dave :)

Will have to wait until either Sunday evening or more likely Monday morning. Paint's drying over night, so could do engine bay pics moro, but will be lacquering the badges, so gunna have to wait ;) :rasp:

Clio 182
I quite like that. I REALLY need to refresh my bay.

I tried to just do the individual letters as that would of given a better end result, but I couldn't be arsed to poke bits of bluetac between the gaps, then have to clean the excess off and level it all down.

I gave up you could say for the easy option, but should still look good :D

Do it, £30 for paint and 3days (more like evenings and/or mornings) and job done. Just means car is off the road for a little bit, but I'm used to it being French :D

Clio 182
Engine is now done :D. Gave the badges their last coat of lacquer, so they should be on late this evening or quickly before I go work tomorrow :)

This is the only before pic I can find, should of taken one really...

DSCF0302.jpg

During...

Image0481.jpg

After...

Image0491.jpg

Image0501.jpg

I'm dead chuffed with the manifold, but when I can be arsed, going to take the fuel rail guard off and sand that down. Thought I cleaned it well enough, but it's still left a funny finish to the surface, so going to be re-done :mad:

Apart from that, all plugged back in and started all oklies so is all good.

Hope you like :)

Clio 182
Oh yea, when I re-do the fuel rail guard, will be also be giving the oild filler cap a lick of AG. Kinda clashes, yellow on green mmm!!

Clio 182
Yep, pop the centre caps off. Then the diamonds are just held in by four 'push-clip' things. I turned a flat blade on it's side and used that to push the diamonds out.

Kinda similar to the rear boot diamond, but they aren't held in by that gluey-siliconey stuff.