ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weirdo detailing type people.

182 - F56 MCS
b917d20c4068fdfb827d1b43f8144a08.jpg
I can't wait to get back there next month! Easily the best steak I've ever had. Oh I suppose driving the 'Ring is ok also!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I can't wait to get back there next month! Easily the best steak I've ever had. Oh I suppose driving the 'Ring is ok also!

I actually find the food/beer/social side of the place better than the actual laps these days lol. Maybe cos as I've got older I'm too scared of big bills or dieing :(

#pussy

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hmmm I've lived about 2 hours from the ring for nearly 2 years and not been there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well I went in 2007. Don't wanna take my st round, well I do, but to scared of no insurance.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I actually find the food/beer/social side of the place better than the actual laps these days lol. Maybe cos as I've got older I'm too scared of big bills or dieing :(

#pussy

similar for me. I don't drive as hard as I used to. Our car would easily go under well 9 if I gave @NorthloopCup the keys but I'm happy pottering around at 9 and a half minutes or so.
In fact 13.5 minutes today as it was standing water all over the place. @lesley had a huge sideways moment on her lap and we decided to stop early and head for beers as though we quite like wet laps we didn't fancy needing to be rescued by boat. Lol.

typically as we stopped it started to dry shortly after. But by then the bitberger was my focus anyway.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
similar for me. I don't drive as hard as I used to. Our car would easily go under well 9 if I gave @NorthloopCup the keys but I'm happy pottering around at 9 and a half minutes or so.
In fact 13.5 minutes today as it was standing water all over the place. @lesley had a huge sideways moment on her lap and we decided to stop early and head for beers as though we quite like wet laps we didn't fancy needing to be rescued by boat. Lol.

typically as we stopped it started to dry shortly after. But by then the bitberger was my focus anyway.
:D

Did the sideways moment knock her confidence or was she fine? Better to walk away in those situations, and beer drinking always gets my vote! Lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
:D

Did the sideways moment knock her confidence or was she fine? Better to walk away in those situations, and beer drinking always gets my vote! Lol

It was a pretty big one so really got the adrenalin flowing, I thought she did well to catch it but she said it was just luck and she was worried if it happened again she would lose it so did the rest of the lap slower.
Fair play to her though as I half expected her to pull over and give me the keys for the rest of the lap.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It was a pretty big one so really got the adrenalin flowing, I thought she did well to catch it but she said it was just luck and she was worried if it happened again she would lose it so did the rest of the lap slower.
Fair play to her though as I half expected her to pull over and give me the keys for the rest of the lap.
It's always hard when your just starting to learn to drive on track/push on and you get these moments I find. Knocks the confidence until your comfortable that you'll know how to react if it happens again.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Same as in any car though? Except you haven't binned your own car.
The excess on the car is 3.5k iirc. So similar price to buying a fairly decent MK 2 Clio?

Best option financially if you crash is use your own car but be properly insured.
if we crash we have a 2k excess and no barrier damage to pay.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's always hard when your just starting to learn to drive on track/push on and you get these moments I find. Knocks the confidence until your comfortable that you'll know how to react if it happens again.
Agreed.
Slides don't bother me if they are catchable as I've done it so many times I'm relatively confident. But only way to get to that stage in the first place is practice and she hasn't lost it enough times yet to have that.
And to be fair. The ring is THE worst place to learn car control!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've driven it in my Clio, my MPS, hired a stage 2 swift, hired a bmw 320. I've also had some pretty good passenger laps in a 400hp Evo, and a trophy.

In maybe 20-30 laps I've never experienced a 'moment' and I'd like it to stay like that. I much more enjoy UK track days as there's a major element of 'risk' removed.

I love the place and will always go, but it'll be more about having a few days away in a beautiful place, rather than going over just to thrash 10 laps in

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've driven it in my Clio, my MPS, hired a stage 2 swift, hired a bmw 320. I've also had some pretty good passenger laps in a 400hp Evo, and a trophy.

In maybe 20-30 laps I've never experienced a 'moment' and I'd like it to stay like that. I much more enjoy UK track days as there's a major element of 'risk' removed.

I love the place and will always go, but it'll be more about having a few days away in a beautiful place, rather than going over just to thrash 10 laps in

Agreed I don't drive at ten tenths here anymore. Uk tracks are the place for that. Although when it's soaking wet here you have to accept even if you dial it back a bit that unless you literally crawl around you are going to slide now and then as the level of grip varies so much from corner to corner. Just a case of having the confidence to catch it and being extra cautious on the high speed stuff.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to love a clean car and was into detailing a bit but for some reason I could never be one of those people that arrive at a car show and start wiping the car down, I'd feel like a right sad prick tbh lol.