ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird one - Quick advice needed

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Hi chaps

Barely make any noise in here but hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Because I'm a massive plum I left my Sat Nav and MacBook on the passengers seat of my car for an hour. Came back and the predictable smash and grab had happened.

The police came and dusted for prints, herein lies the problem. THe black dust itself was fairly easy to get rid of but, for the life of me, I cant get rid of what can only be described as greasy fingerprint residue.

I've not done much other than try and get rid with concentrated car shampoo and a sponge.

Can post pics later if necessary.

Its similar to this;

photo+2+(2).jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
from a local supermarket, an all purpose cleaner (APC) like daisy from tesco for £1. dilute it down in any kind of spray bottle and spray over affected areas, then wash off as normal.

If not then down to halfords for some autoglym intensive tar remover. this is pretty good at removing, oils, tar and organic fallout contaminants.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
from a local supermarket, an all purpose cleaner (APC) like daisy from tesco for £1. dilute it down in any kind of spray bottle and spray over affected areas, then wash off as normal.

If not then down to halfords for some autoglym intensive tar remover. this is pretty good at removing, oils, tar and organic fallout contaminants.

Ah got some of that tar remover. Forgot about it.

Shall give it a crack

banther

ClioSport Club Member
On glass and paint, yes. On plastics, be bloody careful and (presume this is obvious) don't use it on fabric or leather.

Right - its all over the sills, door, door handles (plastic) and roof plastic.

Hoping the AF Revive might do something to it on the plastic. Will try washing up liquid first.

Honestly - a right pain!!

Revive isn't a cleaner, so that won't remove it, just hide it.

Sills are painted? If so, APC or polish.

Door, interior? If so, light APC/Degreaser and a soft brush, like the ones used to buff shoes. If not, see above.

Plastic door handles, as above. Or use a MF followed by a damp one to remove.

Roof plastic, the same.