ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Noise!

Clio 182
Hi all,

I noticed while driving down the motorway this morning that i'm getting a very low droning noise as soon as I hit 65-70mph (3-3.5k rpm). It happens everytime I reach this speed and stops when I slow down!

I can't pinpoint where it's coming from but seems to be coming from the back.

Has anybody got any ideas on what it could be?

Cheers ;)

Clio 182
Yeh was thinking wheel bearing myself. Whats the best way to check? I don't want to go replacing them if it's not what the problem is.

RB FF 182
I think if you jack the back end up and spin the wheel it would give you a good idea... I don't really know though if I'm honest as I've never had one go!!

Clio 182
Yeh same here as I wouldn't know what to be listening/looking out for!

It's booked into Northwest Performance at the weekend now anyway, they'll be able to sort it out!

It's booked into Northwest Performance at the weekend now anyway, they'll be able to sort it out!

That's unlikely.

Chances are it's the wheel bearing as said above. Jack the car up and check for play in the wheels... It'll be fairly obvious if one's gone.

Clio 182
Birchdown are about 45 mins away whereas NW Performance are 5 mins away. Whats the problem with getting NW Performance to have a look?