ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water sloshing sound and wet belt

Clio MK3
Hi Guys,

Upon driving out today I had the radio on pause and could hear a 'sloshing sound' as I was turning corners, but I cannot physically see any water in the trays by the wipers? It sounds like it is coming from that area, and last night it was raining so it was very noticeable this morning, any thoughts on where to look/what to do? :eek:

Also I have this constant problem with the car when it rains, or has rained and the car hasbeen not run. The aux belt I am led to believe will chirp like a trooper for about 2-3 minutes then go, but this chirping never happens when the weather has been dry and warm. I have had the belt replaced and all the pulleys oiled up and it still exists. I am wondering if I have a faulty drain, and the water is falling onto the belt. Here is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQIVRThwvmw

The car is a MK3 1.4 clio

Any help will be much appreciated as I am at a loose end in terms of the belt chirping in the rain!

Thanks,

Connor.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I know in the PH2's there is drain plugs in the arches / sills at the bottom.

You might want to check this incase your sill drain plugs are blocked and the water is sitting inside and not getting out

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
I know in the PH2's there is drain plugs in the arches / sills at the bottom.

You might want to check this incase your sill drain plugs are blocked and the water is sitting inside and not getting out

Sorry for the bump - I've noticed a water sloshing sound

@MarcB

Where would I find the sill drain plugs? Are they easily accessible?

Cheers

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
@Parky14 i had the issue in mine. I actually removed half a bucket of water from my sills once. IIRC it doesn’t help if the front jacking points are slightly bent and damaged like mine were. I removed the front arch liners and removed a whole load of crud built up behind it. This might help.