ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water pump about to go?

basketballjoe3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi all, after a bit of help please...

Have had my cambelt, dephaser, etc changed in the last 12 months and now I have an odd noise on idle, a bit of ClioSport searching/YouTube detective work and some man-logic from my neighbour seems to suggest it may be the water pump on its way out (90k+ miles and never changed before).

The pumps appear to be on back order but there are a couple on eBay... before I take the plunge, can anyone confirm that the water pump is indeed AUX belt driven on a 182 (05 plate) and not cambelt driven?

If that's the case, I'm going to need: water pump and seal, aux belt, aux kit, anything else??

Also, I'm likely going to be changing it with a mate, I'll be taking the aux belt change guide from here (once I've found it) and a crate of beer, he'll be providing tools and expertise (VW mechanic, and hopefully use of his workshop), with this in mind, how much time should we allow for the change over?

Thanks!
Joe

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi all, after a bit of help please...

Have had my cambelt, dephaser, etc changed in the last 12 months and now I have an odd noise on idle, a bit of ClioSport searching/YouTube detective work and some man-logic from my neighbour seems to suggest it may be the water pump on its way out (90k+ miles and never changed before).

The pumps appear to be on back order but there are a couple on eBay... before I take the plunge, can anyone confirm that the water pump is indeed AUX belt driven on a 182 (05 plate) and not cambelt driven?

If that's the case, I'm going to need: water pump and seal, aux belt, aux kit, anything else??

Also, I'm likely going to be changing it with a mate, I'll be taking the aux belt change guide from here (once I've found it) and a crate of beer, he'll be providing tools and expertise (VW mechanic, and hopefully use of his workshop), with this in mind, how much time should we allow for the change over?

Thanks!
Joe

Its definitely aux belt. Don't forget to get some Type D coolant (or whatever is in your system already).
I'd say around 3 hours should be sufficient.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I just done the Cambelt myself and that side took a while to get the timing perfect..

Pull the bumper, drivers light, arch covers, engine mounts for access. The aux was easy, I just used a jubilee on the tensioner and levered on the cam cover to tensioner to get the bolt in the hole..

I totally forgot to change the water pump, but at 64k in not gonna sh1t the bed about it..