ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Loss

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Hi

I seem to be loosing a bit of water from the car at the moment.

What are the normal bandits for this type of fault.

Can't seem to see it leaking so suspect it is evaporating. Can be quite smokey when starting up but have checked for normal head gasket symptoms and nothing.

Cheers

Chocolate Bar™
I had the same problem, had the RAC man round this morning turns out the radiators blown. He said he had done at least another 5 clios this week with the same problem. If your loosing coolent, whatever you do dont drive it or you'll end up causing some serious damage

How much are we talking here, couple of inches down the expansion tank every journey or half an inch over a few days?

If its a small amount check the cap of the expansion tank.

If its alot stand the car over some cardboard or something so you can see where its dripping from

Mines doing it too!

Cant see where it's coming from though, just the odd bit of steam sometimes. Gona ring breakdown up tomorrow to see if he can see it. If it's a pipe no probs but if it's a pinhole in the rad i'm gona use some radweld (i know I shouldn't) then flush the system out.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Let me know how it goes.

I'm doing a measure on mine at the mo. Topped to the max line last night and will see how much water it takes to fill it back to that line tonight.

How bad is rad weld???

More of a temporary fix really, you can also crack an egg white in there aswell effectively the same thing but cheaper

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Having had a few dry days I can't seem to find any leak when standing still? So now fully baffled